alphajack

motorcyclist lives matter

I can go riding Thursday morning, I just have to be back home by noon.

I'm fine with wherever, as long as I can ride there from from El Cajon.

Any where?  Come join me...

I'm out Pre-Running a Bastow to Vegas ride that I am putting together  for ADV/Dual Sport group riders

Does any body on her camp ride?

When I get back  I'm gonna need a tire.and a chain. And a bath.

image000000_06_8411.thumb.jpg.d14a621c892f2487661fac06e62122d4.jpg

Fill you in on the details later ...

22 hours ago, 350thumper said:

Any where?  Come join me...

I'm out Pre-Running a Bastow to Vegas ride that I am putting together  for ADV/Dual Sport group riders

Does any body on her camp ride?

When I get back  I'm gonna need a tire.and a chain. And a bath.

image000000_06_8411.thumb.jpg.d14a621c892f2487661fac06e62122d4.jpg

Fill you in on the details later ...

Hey 3'fiddy . . . . an ADV bike Barstow to Vegas sounds freekin' amazing.  Do keep us posted as I would really like to participate.  And yes, camp-n-ride is the way to go!

Otay truck trail has been graded and is novice friendly. Last night was gorgeous and about 10* cooler with a nice steady breeze and low humidity at the towers. 

Have fun today roosting the corners. It’s very dusty. 

E8378B54-1488-4BE9-BE5F-90055FDEEE94.thumb.jpeg.e6fc447bfefd9ca2758bab2bc1c59277.jpeg

BB228DBA-C169-483B-8036-72B2B08B6E76.thumb.jpeg.76d4afd7f2fd2dcecc1a232b4b436029.jpeg

• Like 2

NIce pics Zubb.

I gotta get up there.  I went a litte ways up a few days after I bought my bike a couple months ago.     My only complaint about my bike is the full street tires.   I'm not going to toss them until I wear em out.    Done a few off road treks  since....just have to be careful  until I get my 50/50s.

2 hours ago, Bub_Hannah said:

NIce pics Zubb.

I gotta get up there.  I went a litte ways up a few days after I bought my bike a couple months ago.     My only complaint about my bike is the full street tires.   I'm not going to toss them until I wear em out.    Done a few off road treks  since....just have to be careful  until I get my 50/50s.

Don't tell @tntmo that he rides a supermoto up there and a Chinese scooter on slicks. And still has a smile on his face

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Don't tell @tntmo that he rides a supermoto up there and a Chinese scooter on slicks. And still has a smile on his face

Ummm, it’s a Taiwanese scooter, thank you very much!  

When it gets dry, I don’t feel that knobby tires give you a lot more grip.  It’s kind of like marbles on glass, just slide around and have fun with it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bub_Hannah said:

NIce pics Zubb.

I was on anakee3’s and didn’t have the slightest problem. Road condition is quite good. Personally I prefer to let a little air out as it really softens up the ride and fairly doubles the traction and control for these tires. If you’re gonna run 80/20 tires up there now is the time to do it. 
I agree with Tom, an intermediate level rider can pretty much run slicks to the top. It’s not a difficult road. 

it was the first time up there for me and I thought it was pretty awesome. I even mangaged not to crash once! I'm always glad to have knobbies when I overcook a corner. Anyway we had a good time until Mike caught a flat two hours into the ride. He called a lifeline to get home. He showed me that really steep climb, I wonder if I can get up there one day?

40 minutes ago, Zubb said:

I agree with Tom, an intermediate level rider can pretty much run slicks to the top. It’s not a difficult road. 

This must be my day, not only did Mr Zubb agree with me, he also hinted that I’m intermediate level!  Sunshine! 

Definitions are open to interpretation. 
😅

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tntmo said:

Ummm, it’s a Taiwanese scooter, thank you very much!  

When it gets dry, I don’t feel that knobby tires give you a lot more grip.  It’s kind of like marbles on glass, just slide around and have fun with it.

Thanks for the tips.       Grew up racing mx and used to rip the fire-roads.   My old bones are a little more careful these days.      ;)