Sign in to follow this  
Ptkatoomer

I HAD to go riding .....

I've really been wanting to try out my new bike on the trails and break her in, so, got up at 5 this morning and headed out to Lake Morena. Found a shady campsite to park in and there was Nobody else around. It was already starting to warm up and I sure didn't feel like putting on all my protective gear and such but then I figured that might be a pretty stupid thing to do (and don't stupid things happen when you're being stupid?). So I put on my cooling vest and all my protective gear along with ice and water in my drink system as well as extra bottles of water, my phone and Spot and headed out by 7. 

I rode a few of the fun trails but mostly just ran all the fireroads that border the perimiter of the park. Love how light, narrow and nimble this bike feels compared to my '15 500.

Came across a pretty good sized rattlesnake that was stretched across the trail. He didn't want to move, even when I honked my horn! I slowly crept up to him until he got the message that I wanted to pass and he finally slithered off the trail, but not before he coiled up and gave me a good rattle to let me know who was in charge. Also saw a dead fox on the side of the dirt road which was sad. It was a rough stretch of road so I don't think a four wheeled vehicle would have been going very fast to hit him - maybe he was hit by a motorcycle?

Anyway, I was done by 9:30 because the temps were already in the mid 90's. It was great to get out. Recent life-changing circumstances for our household could mean that I might not be able to do much riding in the foreseeable future so I'm glad that I got out.

20200820_085837.jpg

20200820_070833.jpg

20200820_082917.jpg

• Like 3

That bike is cool. Glad to hear you got out . Sorry bout the unforseeable circumstances .  Hope that changes by winter..