Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Another Moto Friend Gone...Godspeed John Deykes

Blown away and bummed...just got word my good friend, fellow motorcyclist, Lucky Explorer Ducati Elefant rider, dualsporter,Β  rally racer John Deykes passed away in Baja, not going to share details now. Godspeed John.
The last time I saw John, on the right, at our Desert Dash Dualsport Ride in February.

20200223_185210.jpg

20200223_092525.jpg

20200223_092536.jpg

• Sad 1

Typical dirt road in Baja California, open course/road/zone Husky rally bike riding, Jeep Cherokee coming opposite direction, my Mexican friends sent out pics. Sad ending and happens too often, cars and bikes don't mix. I will stick to single track as much as possible. Sorry for the loss of John Deykes seems like another one that was preventable.

Β 

Β 

• Sad 1

O ----, I just talked with him at the Gaico rally in Julian last time. Nice guy to talk to and hang out with. R.I.P. we where talking about the Europe Rallys, Paris Dacar, Le touquet and Six days.

• Like 1

Couple more pix of John...shared from who would've been his future son in-law, Zach Alexander Martin.

From a Mexican Sports Media....

"There's mourning in the Off-Road Community".
"The Mission Viejo resident had extensive experience in rally competitions, including participated in the latest editions of the Lower Rally in Ensenada, as well as events in Europe and Africa. He also saw action several times within Score International's Baja 1000 and Baja 500 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸπŸπŸœ"

FB_IMG_1597348705739.jpg

FB_IMG_1597348711241.jpg

• Sad 1