wildwood

Adios California

Well, it's a done deal. I'm homeless in California. I haven't been adding much content lately, but I have been apart of this motley crew for a while, and I've enjoyed ever minute of it.

I've met many like minded people and made many more friends along the way than I could imagine. This is a great organization of people that will endure because our quest is pure and we will not be denied despite the pressure to keep us from what we know is our right. 

Thanks to all that have been willing to share their knowledge with me, and make me the better motorcyclist that I am today. This forum and the friends I've met through it has changed my life forever, and is all the better for it.   

Farewell, and happy trails to all. 

Idaho is our destination. I'll be sure to post some adventure's from afar, and welcome any traveler's to come and visit our new dig's. Adios!

Dscn0925.thumb.jpg.b19e0039747aa7a08d0f570df620272d.jpg

20150714_194744.thumb.jpg.d2457870d35c29acab663f7d33a1f24e.jpgDSCN0796.thumb.JPG.4f6f71000c7afe9d2d11dc9272e48fdf.JPG

9308F259-F291-4928-9016-27ACFA91BB1C.thumb.jpeg.8ebb9b5104e79b43e898a764fc833d9e.jpeg.ce5ceec6b2bf50a3584c74abdba81fd8.jpeg

• Like 1

Well congrats your California homeless I hope to be there in the not so far feature. Was always fun riding with you and hope to take you up on your offer to meet up

Thank you for the gig opportunity at a time I needed it. You're a good man. Congrats and Best to you both, adios!

It was fun --Yes keep in touch and prod some of us old men to come to visit and ride with you. 

Wishing you the best, and thanks for your help over the years. I will look forward to you finding those good Idaho moto loops ahead of time (shorter than the Idaho BDR  :)  ) for when we all show up to ride from your house - haha.  Be safe and keep in touch! 

Lots of good riding in Idaho during the 90 days there’s no snow on the ground!

Congrats on your escape from CA, many of us are wishing to do the same.

Whoa there pa'dner.  You can't just leave it like that!

Where are you going?  Spill the beans please.  I've lived in Boise, Twin Falls and Lewiston. 

Lots of people have abandoned or have been abandoned by California lately.  I hope Idaho treats you well.  So much single track up there to enjoy, and just the great outdoors in general.

Congratulations!  California is pushing a lot of good folks out (we will be in Utah as soon as we possibly can) and many friends have already headed to Idaho as well.  Enjoy your new state and all it has to offer-vaya con Dios!

As a child in gradeschool (Boise) in the mid 1960's, you never had to ask where the new kid was from.  It was always California.

ID will treat you well, in all aspects.  And bonus points. . . now you get to buy a snow machine too!  Snow is awesome!

Good luck on your journey Bob.

Thanks for the great trip up to Santa Rosa Mountain.

I've been thinking of Idaho myself. Looks like the southern end is where the best riding is.

Idaho is great for riding, BUT the winter keeps me out of there. Worked a lot in Meridian.

Good luck and let us know if we can come and camp out on your new acres on our next trip.

Sorry to hear you are leaving, but I understand and I am a little envious. I hope it all works out for you.

Best to you and your family Bob! 

Bob, thanks for being a part of SDAR all these years, and thanks for taking a minute to compliment the site and people here, we really appreciate that.

Good luck on your new destination,  hope to see you up there someday !

Uuummmmm,   There is no winter in Idaho unless you want to go to it.  It's 104 today and haven't seen snow in the valley for 4 years now.  The mountains get plenty but that's anywhere.   It's a balmy 88 degrees in Stanley for petes sake !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well, as someone that moved even further away....probably to a colder environment, enjoy your new digs. Gonna be a great place to discover new trails.

Thanks everyone, you guys are awesome and will be sorely missed. We are just getting settled in and I was able to get out and see what's ahead of us. It will be an amazing Journey going forward, but I feel I'm up to the task. Take care all.

20200808_144223.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wildwood said:

Thanks everyone, you guys are awesome and will be sorely missed. We are just getting settled in and I was able to get out and see what's ahead of us. It will be an amazing Journey going forward, but I feel I'm up to the task. Take care all.

20200808_144223.jpg

No fair

23 hours ago, Bp619 said:

No fair

Sorry Brian, I knew that one would pinch a little.   :rolleyes:  I'll be thinking the same thing around February when your all out riding in Anza Borrego and I'm up to my doodads in snow. 

• Like 2