Not sure where to put this but was wondering if anyone here had a KTM 1290 Adventure R. I wanted to throw a leg over one and take it for a quick spin to see how it does with air management.

I can come to you, and really only need to get about 15 minutes on it to find out what I am looking for.

Hey DSM8, tell us more (?)  Your insights into motoland are appreciated given that, with my limited recall, didn't you just ride Death Valley, and a loop around Big Bear (from your garage?)?  on a Africa twin or a 990?  and enjoyed it. What are you looking for and why?  I noticed that, while thinking about a big beamer for myself, that Motoworld el cajon had a seemingly nice 1190 and 1090 on sale in the 10 grand range.  Seemed like a good price and seems like the only big bike deals happening just now. 

The 990 is my do all adventure bike where anything offroad is involved.

The Africa Twin is my street bike, on this last ride coming back from Kenedy meadows it just lacked the power to be able to make passes over 75mph when trying to get around big rigs and such, I just want more motor for my street bike. I have spent a ton of time and $$ on the ATAS and it jus will never be the bike I want it to be, so looking at the 1290 as my replacement for that.
I want a 17/19 wheel combination for the street too

Thanks for sharing, and good luck on your search.  Hmmm, I wonder how a non orange sport tourer might do from Lake Isabella to 395, up and over kennedy meadows, although a smaller bike might be more fun through the miles and miles of windy curves.  There would still be the "want to pass big rigs now" issue that you are trying to address once you drop down onto 395.  cheers.