Coming ( on the back of my pickup) soon to a SDAR DS ride

7 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Coming ( on the back of my pickup) soon to a SDAR DS ride

Saturday night Rob!

Hall's Cycles had white fenders so went with white for now, so it will have that modern Austrian Husky 80s vintage color look.

IMG-8217.jpg

IMG-8218.jpg

IMG-8219.jpg

IMG-8220.jpg

13 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Seat definitely makes it come together

an original Tecnosel factory racing seat was an E bay golden find!!

PS I put the fuel valves on the wrong side......and sealed them into the tank in sort of a semi permanent manner.....so time to redo...

5 hours ago, robertaccio said:

PS I put the fuel valves on the wrong side......and sealed them into the tank in sort of a semi permanent manner.....so time to redo...

Oops! Sometimes shizz happens...

Oh and I got the plate assy and plate mounted up, so more DS motivation. Still need a bit of wiring set up, but I think I am fairly solid, if not it will reflect badly upon me......Aviation Electrical systems engineering/installation/modifications etc etc since the mid 80s......

96.5% done, very happy with how she's come back into being, scratches, dents and surface corrosion remain along with up grades and new stuff. I have a bunch of spares in my box including a full set of YEL plastics and other stuff, so I can dress her up differently if and when I want.

IMG-8277.jpg

IMG-8279.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ptkatoomer said:

Looking good! I'm jealous of that cushy looking seat :)

The Technosel seat is icing on the cake, even though its 90s/2000s vintage it is still perfect, plush but firm, not all blown out. Just shows a little faded age. It was a brilliant bonus E Bay find. Most of the MXGP/World Enduro guys used Technosel back in the day.

Shes 99.5% done and running headlites work. tailight needs connection, brakes need bleeding, skid plate needs re bending and fitting, suspension needs sag setting (wow it's 90mm race sag on these) and maybe a couple other bits. But OA she's done. Will keep my eyes peeled for a trailer/truck it in DS ride. I am not commuting on this bike.

Pet me know when you need a shake down my 450 also needs a shake down rode hasn't been ridden by me since prw collarbone in may

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Pet me know when you need a shake down my 450 also needs a shake down rode hasn't been ridden by me since prw collarbone in may

Sounds good Brian, I will need a few or more confidence rides to verify good function of the overall package. Again she still needs a few dial in measures, one of which is worth mentioning, Chassis Lube- the swingarm linkage is loaded with zerk fittings for easy external grease gun lubrication of all the bearings in the suspension and swing arm shaft, this was always a good addition on these bikes.. 

When set up correctly and ridden in proper form (read Euro enduro style) These TE (350/410/610) machines are super competitive (I think still fully in the game with modern equipment).

• Like 1

The 1999 TE610 is fully operational and confidence in the bike is rocketing skyward.

Me and D with TE.jpg

• Like 1

Yea I gotta a plate!!! And yes that is a 21 500 Kato. Mine has more mufflers than all the others!!

1 of many a.jpg

1 of many.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, robertaccio said:

Yea I gotta a plate!!!

This opens up a "whole new world" of riding options, especially on the mighty 610! :thumbsup_anim: Before you know it, you'll be haulin' some camping gear and doing some over-niters off the bike...:dance2:

• Like 1

577cc of Italian old school 4 stroke single power. Just gotta get my tank mileage figured out, maybe will add an odometer or carry a gps to calculate .

I had always thought of these Swede Husky DNA machines (Italian as my 99) as long stroke engines...WRONG... The 577cc "610/570") is 98x76.4, which is very close to the 2021 KTM 510cc ("500") 95x72 BxS ratio of the over square (short stroke) BxS configuration. Just a note on engine config.  

22 hours ago, robertaccio said:

I had always thought of these Swede Husky DNA machines (Italian as my 99) as long stroke engines...WRONG... The 577cc "610/570") is 98x76.4, which is very close to the 2021 KTM 510cc ("500") 95x72 BxS ratio of the over square (short stroke) BxS configuration. Just a note on engine config.  

That's interesting...I always assumed they were more ATK-like...see, "Old Dogs" learn new tricks every day...

The Rotax four-stroke engine Type 504 und 560, 604 and 348 variants bring success for KTM in the European off-road championships. The innovative Horst Leitner is particularly active in the USA with his ATK brand; Brian Myerscough wins the title on an ATK in 1985. The Type 604 used above all by Ron Wood in flat track races.

Engine Rotax 562 cc (34.3 cu in) air cooled four-valve four-stroke single
Bore / stroke 94mmx81mm
Compression ratio 9.4:1

they are also over square engines, again I never payed attention to the numbers, I also assumed the Rotax belt driven SOHC 4 strokes were "stroker motors"

Just redid the carbby with some DellOrto stuff from an Italian connection. She still needs some love before I'm fully back in the DS game with the SDAR crew.

228924724_10219840157820958_1375236095887638656_n.jpg

• Like 1

Just read this. Very cool on getting YOUR bike back. Let the memories come flowing back. That backbone is insane. What a cool bike and nicely done so far.

• Like 1

latest configuration with world enduro championship period correct red number plates. One more config to go , adding numbers and couple more advert stickers.

IMG-2076.jpg

IMG-2077.jpg

• Like 1