dirt dame

Spur of the moment ride 07/23/20

Was mid morning and I was still undecided about what I should do for the day.  I had it in  my mind that i would go out and hit the lake with my float tube, but I also knew that this would be the coolest day of the week, and the little Flea had not been ridden since the beginning of March....so....should I fish?

50124482121_effd93686e_o.jpg?width=1920&

Nah...I should ride today!  I can fish tomorrow!  Or ride again, somewhere else!

So I posted in the solo forum, tossed Mr. Flea onto the Jeep and headed out to McCain.  When i got there, there was only one other vehicle in the day use area.  The bathrooms were still locked.  I think it's some sort of covid thing.....

The weather was very nice, relatively speaking, since the usual  late July temperatures out there are triple digit out there.  Temps were forecast to be mid 80s, and there was a strong breeze...but it felt closer to 90, even later in the day, when the weather app said the temperature was 81 in Boulevard.  I'm sure it was much warmer out on the trails.

The riding is much as you'd expect it to be at this time of year.  With no summer thunderstorms coming in from the east, the dirt was powder dry and sandy.  The trails were completely empty, and the other vehicle was long gone by the time I rolled back into the staging area.  Fun stuff, still out of shape, love my new FXR riding duds, snazzy colors and fit.  Great ventilation in the hot weather.  Got some ice cream on the way home.  The end.  Until next time.

100_1569.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

20200723_135234.jpg?width=1920&height=10

100_1571.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

100_1570.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 3

there really are so many little great offshoot trails out there. with easy to most difficult level stuff. 

• Like 1

Well done Dirt Dame, Nice Pics, with well staged moto pics navigating rocks and blind curves (I mean a typical bend  :) at McCain....  which is why it can be fun and a bit more relaxing when there is nobody at the oak tree (except your riding buds).....and a Snazzy outfit to match the bike too :)  

• Like 1

looks like a swell time Mimi. I raked rocks in the backyard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huntndogs said:

looks like a swell time Mimi. I raked rocks in the backyard.

Did you fight the law and the law won?!

6 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Did you fight the law and the law won?!

You could say that, these rocks were already broken but needed to be moved...Sore now, but done.

Chores like that are ones I procrastinate pretty well, but appreciate the end result once completed.  I just don't remember being as sore afterwards when I did it as a younger guy.....