RADSURF

BMW Tire Pressure Sensors

I have a 2019 R1250GS and I was thinking about getting a spare set of wheels so I can swap between street and off roading without remounting tires.  Obviously the tire pressure settings are quite different between these tires and I was wondering how to manage the sensors without having to go to the dealer and have new settings flashed into the computer.  I heard a rumor that the computer can mange two set of settings.  Has anyone dealt with this?  Any input on this is greatly appreciated!

I haven’t done it. But there are several on ADV that have been successful. If you figure it out let us know. I’m about to buy a second wheelset too. 

I’m still looking into it and as best as I can tell the older oil cooled models have the ability to hold two pressure settings but the on the newer water cooled ones BMW removed this option.  I’ll let you know once I have confirmed it.

Sorry it’s been a long time since I update this thread.  I finally bought a second set of wheels for my R1250GS and fitted them with the schrader pressure sensors.  I read in another forum that if you swap the wheels one at a time the computer will relearn the sensor and display the tire pressure without getting confused.  You don’t have to go through all the trouble of reprogramming the computer as long as you don’t swap both wheels at the same time.

Well it worked like a champ!  It only took about 3 miles on each wheel to relearn the sensor.  Pretty happy about that so now I can swap my wheels for different riding condition.  I know, it’s an expensive solution but I wanted to have the flexibility to go on long rides on the road without having to listen to that damn howling from my Motoz Tractionator Adventure tires.  Which by the way are great in the dirt but suck on the road!

Funny you should post this right now. I picked up new sensors today and will install with new RallZ’s tomorrow. 
your GS911 shows settings for 2 wheel sets. 
By the way, I’m jealous. I’ve been looking for a second set for quite awhile. 

I have not tried changing the tire pressure settings yet.  I’m just happy I got the bike to properly detect the sensors.  All the old posts in other forums talked about how much of a nightmare it was to get the bike to properly detect the sensors.

Congrats on the successful TPMS connection.

For what it's worth.  I bought the Schrader TMPS (w/ 80* stems) direct from Germany.  Not China, where many of those say Schrader on it, but origin is suspect. It is supposedly the non-BMW branded counterpart they make for the GS's.

I installed the rear only, and my new RallZ tire.  Rode it 2.4 miles at varying speeds of 10mph to 45 mph..  It took 3- 4 minutes to register and HOORAY!. . . success.

I will do the front today and expect the same results.  No GS911 needed.  No GM wake up tool needed. And mostly little to no skillz needed other that knowing how to use a torque wrench so you don't fubar the valve gasket with gorilla strength.

Anyone looking for BMW TPMS sensors (China)??  You can have this pair for $30, instead of $40 +S/H. (new, unopened in box).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CV6C4VR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Will except barters for half empty bottle of good whiskey, or a full case of IPA's.

For comparison...

BMW OEM w/ angled valve:     approx. $300/wheel

Schrader (germany)w/angled valve:   $80-100/wheel

China w/straight valve:     $20/wheel