Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

2017 Husqvarna TX300 rebuild.....done

late spring cleaning. My TX300 continued to get noisier and noisier.....had to yank the engine and do a bottom to top rebuild. Not ready to go deep into a new machine. The 2017 carbby bike is so good.

added only an AXP full coverage skidplate. removed the TM Designs plate with the Obie link guard , if anyone wants it. It will fit all late model KTM/Husky 2 stroke linkage chassis bikes 2017 and up.

rebuilt.jpg

• Like 1

fired her off.....for sure the pilot is clogged. zero idle except with "choke" pulled. dump bowl do over.cleaned main and pilot. Pilot was clogged with tannish coating as well as the main was coated and when I pulled the bowl it was covered in this crap fuel additive stuff.  

went for test today--FAIL!!! she would not run well as before my rebuild. I removed the Mikuni TMX oval slide carb and pulled everything apart for a reseal/rebuild clean up. Discovered a known issue with these carbs in the carb throat jet block the seal between the main circuit and pilot circuit was compromised. This is documented issue and JD Jetting has a kit with replacement seal JDMK05 kit. So the carbby is completely disassembled ans waiting for parts for another round testing. Just want her to run as before! zero stalling all low end torque cleanly into mid and screamer mode.

carb saddle.jpg

JDMK05 Fix Kit.jpg

If u need anything immediately before weekend I have my stock mikuni avail to steal off of text me. 

Fired my 17 300xc up yesterday been sitting for 3 months broken collarbone float stuck dumping gas everywhere

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bp619 said:

If u need anything immediately before weekend I have my stock mikuni avail to steal off of text me. 

Fired my 17 300xc up yesterday been sitting for 3 months broken collarbone float stuck dumping gas everywhere

Thanks B I appreciate it no worries I have parts on order, I also believe that sitting fuel was also contributing to the bike not running very well. After carb is put back together will load in brand new fuel as well