Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Red Moto USA.Checkpoint Off Road (Honda)

Finally a return of the Italian importer branded Honda line, years ago we had over here the HM Moto built FIM Spec Enduro models for a short time before American Honda shut it down. Hope Matt can keep this going, with those super cool tweener size CRFs. A 300cc CRF is a wicked thought. Note: These are do it yourself, or Checkpoint builds, I think that's where the line is drawn, it's an aftermarket kit build, not a roll off the showroom bike. In Italy it's a roll off the showroom bike.

https://www.checkpointoff-road.com/redmoto-usa-distributor

Only trouble with that is the 5 speed gearbox isn't very good for off road. A buddy tried the Rx, but in the desert the thing was already in fifth gear practically before we got out of camp. 

The suspension and handling was great but it really needs a semi-wide six speed tranny.

I think Kawasaki is making the same mistake with their new bikes.

I must say that technically it looks and feels like its that way, but heck those things have been winning in FIM World Enduros all the way to Baja  500s and 1000s. So I have to believe that even with an OEM gearbox the final drive can be worked to make these Hondas work anywhere. Plus I don't know if the showroom builds in EU do have different transmissions they may have some different gears thrown in.