Sign in to follow this  
SpaceCowboy

Athena GET ecu less than $200?

Just picked up a 2014 350exc and need some fueling fix. Looking around I’ve found the GET gp-1 complete “plug and play” ecu for what seems like a really cheap price, around $175 on eBay and Amazon and from partsgiant. 

anyone know why these are so cheap? Seems like it will work and is the cheapest option to get my fueling right. 

Normally those things are like $700. Hmmmm?

Maybe it isn't programmed? 

I've run JD Tuners on all my FI KTM's. They work great for fixing the fueling issues.

IDK why so inexpensive. But what I do know is that many of the MXGP Teams and World Enduro Teams use (Athena) GET electronics for FI, launch control, and info downloading. Their product line is top tier in the professional ranks.  Verify on their website the model, perhaps an older discontinued model.

http://www.getdata.it/prodotti.php?idprodotto=408&idcategoria=35&lang=eng&idfamiglia=1

44 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Guess I'll give it a go. 

It says it comes mapped. I'll keep ya'll updated

Just remembered where they place those ecu's right under your junk hopefully doesn't blow up. Hopefully not cheap China clone

1 hour ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Guess I'll give it a go. 

It says it comes mapped. I'll keep ya'll updated

Sumthin ain't right.

14 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Just remembered where they place those ecu's right under your junk hopefully doesn't blow up. Hopefully not cheap China clone

Cheap birth control 

• Haha 1

Post a link for the unit you found please.

I've been rebuilding a golf cart for the past couple of months and lots of stuff is out of stock/on back order.  Seems like shipping is delaying the suppliers from getting their inventory and since so many folks are on lockdown they are doing projects.  Hopefully that is the case here and you get the right item!

Arrived today and took it for a quick test ride...

It works! bike starts instantly, revs way quicker, MUCH MORE bottom and mid. More to come

• Like 1

Does that mean your keeping the 350?

Good riding with you last weekend 

I bet smoother running as well with no decel popping. Those lean EPA/Euro 3 etc. settings from OEM maps make the engines run "sharp" as I call it. With a good fueling and ignition map they sound and feel more smooth with less vibe and "flat". More bass, less treble is my best analogy.

I experienced that on my 2011 Husqvarna TE310 after installing the Race Kit ECU (developed by the CH Racing factory Enduro team) and multi port injector, it was instantly noticeably and better at all RPM ranges. (that was my intro to moto F.I.). Sounds like you have a winner!!