Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

5 Miles of Hell in Utah - Electric KTM

Awesome video !  Always wanted to try that trail...looks gnarly !

• Like 1

Electric motorcycles are pretty cool.  Obviously not to the point where you can easily ride across country on them yet, but for a commuter they are getting there.  I have been lucky enough to ride one and enjoyed it.  Was just a short test ride but enough to see the positive attributes of the bike.

Looks like an awesome trail but not for me!  Too damn old.  I’ll see hell soon enough, no need to push my rendezvous date!

• Like 2

Rode with my son and one of his friends in the Dez last Sat. am. The friend (Mike) rode that trail on a BMW 650...loaded with camping gear! :crying_anim02: :wacko: He had pics to prove it! I could not believe it...

Its all about skill level.

You can watch Russ Bobbitt (500EXCF) and Cole Kirkpatrick (300XC-W) ride the trail. Bobbitt 5X nat enduro champ leads on the 5 hundo and has never been on the trail before, Cole said he rode it once in 2016......43 minutes and done. With a time challenge that has been beaten already by a guy who has ridden the trail numerous times.

The lack of a clutch would drive me bonkers.  The tire spin from the instant torque is not really advantageous if you ask me.

4 hours ago, hobiee said:

The lack of a clutch would drive me bonkers.  The tire spin from the instant torque is not really advantageous if you ask me.

I agree, not a fan of electric bikes or vehicles period.

30 minutes ago, KTMrad said:

I agree, not a fan of electric bikes or vehicles period.

I love my golf cart; it's electric.......

14 hours ago, hobiee said:

I would think, with the various power settings, that you could literally "dial" in the torque you want for any situation. ....