Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

1999 Husqvarna TE610 (DS)

Well I may be back on a classic my classic Italian Husqvarna TE610 may be coming back to me by the fall season. Looking forward to some DS rides. She will need some refresh prior to hitting the DS trails/roads etc

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

Well I may be back on a classic my classic Italian Husqvarna TE610 may be coming back to me by the fall season. Looking forward to some DS rides. She will need some refresh prior to hitting the DS trails/roads etc

Nice me and Jason planning on doing rides on our 950se's in fall also keep in touch

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

Nice me and Jason planning on doing rides on our 950se's in fall also keep in touch

I would label the 610 as a small bike. doesn't fit in with big bike category like your 950s. 1st modern 4 stroke to win mxgp and world enduro championships throughout the 90s 

wow I am having fun tracking down graphics and plastics!! found some cool resurces like DCVMX up in Michigan. as well as NOS graphics from Ebay and of course using my extensive connection reach in communication with CH Racing Sherco boss was CH Racing (Cagiva Husqvarna Racing) for some seat covers and graphics from the heady days of Anders Eriksson's multi time World Championships on the mighty 610 from Varese!!

On 6/22/2020 at 11:09 AM, robertaccio said:

I would label the 610 as a small bike. doesn't fit in with big bike category like your 950s. 1st modern 4 stroke to win mxgp and world enduro championships throughout the 90s 

Robert, it depends on the trails you're doing and on the skill level of the guys on big bikes 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KTMrad said:

Robert, it depends on the trails you're doing and on the skill level of the guys on big bikes 

I will always ride to the level of my crew no worries.

That 610 is a great bike !  My friend in Vegas has had at least a couple of them.

This is what she looked like when I owned her before, I am going for this OEM CH Racing World Enduro 1998/1999 look. 98 they used Red outlined shroud graphic, Yellow headlight with Yellow handguards, 99 used yellow outlined shroud graphic, Black headlight with black handguards.  Mine will be a mixed combo somewhat dependent on my taste and availability of the items. Sorry for all those details, it helps keep me focused on my goal!

1999TE610b.jpg

• Like 2

Robert, when you get that thing we could probably get Darren to lead us on some somewhat cooler temp rides around the Lagunas 🙂

• Like 1

Robert would you use this on big bear dual sport ride? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KTMrad said:

He knows our skill level well, just egging him on into racing retirement and adv life.we do get pretty stupid with our big bikes and treat them like our two strokes though sometimes

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bp619 said:

Robert would you use this on big bear dual sport ride? 

Yes 100%  when I get her and get her re-bullet proofed, and I'm confident with her, that's one of the goals. I have very good confidence in the suspension , it has been fully rebuilt and dialed in by Mike Crow performance suspension (Race Tech Shop). These bikes are solid with a couple exceptions, the magnets have a tendency to crack the epoxy and shift, screwing up timing, but this one never had that issue, so it worries me a bit and I might pull the flywheel and send it out or get a rebuilt one and core mine (from UK) to be sure of no fail.

And from experience for some reason I really gel with these Varese built big single cammers in both motor and chassis dept. They make me feel like Kari Tiainen and Anders Eriksson!!!! Those 2 big beasts from the North (Fin & Swede)

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 6:00 PM, Ptkatoomer said:

Robert, when you get that thing we could probably get Darren to lead us on some somewhat cooler temp rides around the Lagunas 🙂

Yes positively

It will be a while, at my current timeline for this machine!! But I already have most of what I need. I will be super cool!!

Im adding some in process shots. I have some variables and alternate clothing . Note this is not a concourse job!! lots of "patina will remain"

IMG-7493.jpg

IMG-7494.jpg

IMG-7495.jpg

IMG-7568.jpg

IMG-7569.jpg

IMG-7571.jpg

IMG-7574.jpg

IMG-7575.jpg

IMG-7576.jpg

IMG-7623.jpg

IMG-7724.jpg

IMG-7857.jpg

IMG-7858.jpg

Robert, I've got the perfect shirt for you to wear when you're dual-sporting that thing. Davide  gave it to me back in my Acerbis days. It's too big for me. I'll try to get it to you next time we meet up.

15999689683641357110377.jpg

• Like 2

Classic!! BTW I still have an Agip coat Davide gave me circa mid nineties!!

I've got the hoses installed and did a another exhaust wrap section of the header section directly in front of the hoses. it's slowly coming back together. Waiting for a carb manifold from Portugal. I will paint the clutch cover as well, but the deeper stuff will keep that 20 year old "patina" . Oh and I forgot Hall's Cycles is sending me out the OEM EU style rear fender/plate holder drop down rear section!! It just needs a lite (easy)

just recieved the OEM rear "street" enduro rear fender !!! super stoked!!

15 hours ago, simicrintz said:

No pics no proof!!!!!

With matching bag color of Baja Jerky. This fender is a fiully molded HD set up, I will rig up a rear light and the plate will mount up easily.

Note question do you guys put your plates on vertically with no worries?

Fender with Jerky.jpg

My TE510 still has the stock plate mounted vertically, supposedly illegal. My argument it is stock and legal since 06, take me to court, let's go.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 11:28 AM, Uncle Champ said:

My TE510 still has the stock plate mounted vertically, supposedly illegal. My argument it is stock and legal since 06, take me to court, let's go.

Is that really the law? I'm thinking they would want the plate to be horizontal for easy legibility. 

i may do another shady thing I did before and carry my metal plate on my person in my USWE but have a laminated paper photocopy of my plate mounted (super low mass) from 10 feet looks legit and is all legit from the registration end .

I am changing paths bike will be all white plastics so the modern Husky /80s look. Cemoto Plastica Italia has exact replacement items, so I will have big box of extra for this bike after going wild on parts purchases to build up the machine.