Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

Trail ride on the retired race bike TXC450 Husky

Nice!

Not so sure my boxer 1200 would actually fit between some of those rocks in Vid #1. . . . . . but my inner child sure wants to try! 😂🤣

That trail looks like a hoot!

• Like 1

Story is that my Husqvarna Made in Austria TX300 2 stroke is under the knife for a complete engine rebuild @ 175 hours under a slow process so it will be basically brand new.

In this time to not take anytime out of the saddle I first did some trail rides with my newly purchased very stock 1989 XR250R and promptly blew out the RH fork after a couple of rides. Then to keep the in saddle trend alive I dug into the back garage of the current owner of my ex race bike the Husqvarna Made in Italy TXC450 National City Motorcycle's Rob Brown. This Italian beauty had been sitting around for while so we undertook a refresh, fork service and full carbby service/rebuild. It was set up by ZipTy Racing for racing so I wanted to create a more sedate and plush trail riding set up. So in the viddys I am riding at a kindler gentler trail pace and working the suspension over technical terrain. The nice thing about the model year suspension is the adjustability is great, Marzocchi 50mm cartridge forks have @ 25 clicks available for both Comp and Reb. The Sachs shock has @ 20 clicks available for REB as well as HS Comp and LS Comp. I am currently almost all open on HS Comp for LS Comp @ 3/4 of total clicks open and same with REB about 3/4 clicks to dampen the heavy spring. The forks are very close to full open Comp with @ 3/4 clicks of REB . The bike is working great now and I hit everything I hit on my TX300 with no drama other than the weight of the 450 4T package. 

PS this bike is basically a 2019-2010 SWM500R or better stated the Grandfather of the current SWM Dual Sport models

“Kinder ,Gentler; more sedate trail pace” and the XR250R back story inspire me. Glad to hear  you are not resting on past achievements and instead searching out all the coyote trails for the hard way.  Seriously, enjoy the whole story.

B

11 hours ago, Zubb said:

Nice!

Not so sure my boxer 1200 would actually fit between some of those rocks in Vid #1. . . . . . but my inner child sure wants to try! 😂🤣

That trail looks like a hoot!

No you wont.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

No you wont.

There you go.  Spoiling all my fun again.

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

There you go.  Spoiling all my fun again.

Is that all you got? I was expecting, "hold my beer and watch this..."

You’re right. I must be tired today. 
here, hold my beer next Thursday and then watch this. I’ll have some fresh knobs on the beast. Will probably have To wheelie those cylinders up a bit to clear the rocks. No problem.