DSM8

Hump Ride - Flying Monkeys

Did the hump ride last night with the Monkeys out of Temecula, was around 150 miles in total for me left the house bout 430 and got home about 10pm.

Only one Oh ---- moment when riding the single track along the ridge the 990 stalled right when I crested the top because of a hard right turn.
If I failed to make the save the bike would still be down the bottom of the ravine on the right, only way to get that out of there would have been by helicopter.

Route Video

Don't ask where I went I have no freaking clue but the video should tell you the details if you know the area, which I do not...

• Like 1

I enjoy riding with them occasionally.  For me it's usually a 200 mile afternoon, getting home at closer to 11pm.  As you saw, they are about 80% skinny bikes so the pace is a bit quicker than a typical Big Bike ride, but technicality's are very few in the 2 or 3 I've done.  It's a fun group but a bit of a haul for a mid week evening ride for me (La Mesa).

Gotta admit though, coming home in the dark through Warner S, San Ysibel, in the ultra dark skies with no cars in sight . . . . feels like the best part of the whole ride.

Glad you saved it!

• Like 1