Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

Nate Harrison Tues Twofer

I went to meet people at the start of Nate Harrison Grade.  I needed to be there by 6:30. I had not put gas in the 990 since sunday morning ride. I figured the fuel light would come on and I would stop at Pala. No fuel light so I continued on to the meet up. 6:30 no one there so I waited a bit. No one showed so I figured they might be up the mountain already, so I headed up. Nice ride up to the top. As I was approaching the top my fuel light came on. I waited for a bit at the top and decided to go back down to a look out spot and see the sunset. 

1394486584_nhg1.thumb.jpg.87d91d72bee51efe434546450f0f581a.jpg

1876762937_nhg2.thumb.jpg.7090d7e8c41c709805c3c4a3bcd27695.jpg

I had a great spot for the sunset as well as the road coming up so I could see all my friends riding up.

1493411450_nhg3.thumb.jpg.43f3f06382abef759ed41e21a2262c3f.jpg

After sitting there a while and drinking my beer I called the wife. She then informed me that I went up on the wrong Tues. No one is coming. Bummer! Finished my beer (dark ale).

141927969_nhg4.thumb.jpg.40fdd088cf56d5e1ef399556d5f7302c.jpg

I then preceded to head down the mountain. I added my fuel bottle to the tank and then coasted down the mountain. Very quiet and cool in the dusk of the evening coasting down the mountain with engine off. Saved my gas until I hit the bottom so I would make it back to Pala gas station. Caught this pic as I was heading out. There were some fires on Camp Pendleton so it made for a red sky.

340203374_nhg5.thumb.jpg.85467b5ee48c159a70db66337ba24e05.jpg

Sorry no one made it, but still had a nice sunset and cold beer.  I thanked the powers that be and headed home.

• Like 3

Sorry you were a week early but you still had a adventure . Don,t worry I have done that before myself. Next week with the 500 ? 

It's rarely a bad day when you get a ride in that includes a cold beverage and a sunset.  It's nice to share it with friends, but I also really enjoy solitude and hanging out with someone who agrees with everything I say.  😁

I had a VFW meeting last night anyway, so maybe I can make it to the next one.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kkug said:

Sorry you were a week early but you still had a adventure . Don,t worry I have done that before myself. Next week with the 500 ? 

I am working on the 500. I will be doing my mods and breaking in the motor as well as the rest of my life/ family duties.  That ride is a perfect ride for the 990. The high speed freeway road to get there and then fire road. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simicrintz said:

Man that seat looks COMFY!!!

Yes comfy, but all seats are only comfy for so long.