I am hoping I can head out with you guys when the 500 shows up. I cant wait to try the modern bike out. Hopefully I can keep up with you seasoned Dez veterans.

Mike, 

I am ready for you.  

Dave

PS.  What is Up with the wait?  Is it a 2021?

22 minutes ago, Bagstr said:

Mike, 

I am ready for you.  

Dave

PS.  What is Up with the wait?  Is it a 2021?

The bike was in Kansas. I had to have it shipped. Not many people wanted to ship it from Kansas to Socal without a large price tag.

The Back Story

As many of you know, The Park has been closed to vehicular travel since March. That has been painful; to watch the conditions go from perfect to the dry soft conditions we have now. Because of an ongoing communication Chanel I have with the superintendent ( thanks to the hard work of The Mystery Man in Black ), I knew that the park was due to open last week. Thursday at 6pm the park website updated visitation policy. Dispersed travel OK but no camping. Based on the weather prediction, we committed to Saturday.

Because it is the desert, it is not workable to have 19 riders on the trail. The call went out to the regular cast of characters; plus The Kug. The Kug works for a living and can’t ride with us during the week. ( Why he still does that, I have no idea) 😎

Not everyone could make it on short notice, so a solid group of four showed up in Borrego Springs ready to ride at 0700. Well Not everyone!  I gave my best effort getting up at 4:15,,,,,still and all arriving at 7:10 to Dark Looks. 😏. 7:35 we finally set out for 4.5 hrs and 74 miles of exclusive use of the facility. Kug, SoCalMule, the Mystery in Black and myself. Solid group of skilled sand riders. Yes Kug , you included.

Surprisingly, the desert surface was frozen in time from the March Rains. Flat crusty washes with new cut banks and channels down the old familiar routes. Dry but no tour truck channels. Many familiar routes were all but unrecognizable. Delicious. The best part of the journey was the few stops / breaks when we could catch up on all the personal details of our pals lives. Almost as good as a Texting thread. Ha. The wind blew but that was a help in the dry conditions. Our old friend, the Anza Borrego DSP was rested and welcoming. 

Thanks to all for the effort necessary to make it happen. I promise to never commit to showing up before 0700 again.

Bagstr

• Like 2

A fun adventure. Great to be a part of it. Good friends, good weather, awesome bike (The Mule)! Perfect.:friends: