Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Sunday 5/24 Dualsport Ride

We met in Alpine, 9 bikes showed up. Unfortunately I had issues with my bike in the morning at home, so drove my car out to meet the group and let them know Doc and I wouldn't be riding with the sidecar rig. Luckily Darren (350thumper) was there and he agreed to lead the ride....thanks Darren !

First 2 photos are mine, the rest are from Todd Price, I posted with his permission. 

Sounded like everyone had a good ride and rode places they'd never been before. 

20200524_115436.jpg

20200524_100219.jpg

FB_IMG_1590374979494.jpg

20200524_195143.jpg

20200524_195111.jpg

20200524_195034.jpg

FB_IMG_1590375004639.jpg

FB_IMG_1590375010468.jpg

• Like 1

Heres Mark in the back left check out his new tires on the GS 1200 nice bike mark!

IMG_20200524_105545863_resize_9.jpg.e94fba1d9815871192787c43c79baeee.jpg

IMG_20200524_131823021_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.946273af47dabb2eb86b03c0df14aa78.jpgWas happy to have new buddies to ride with. IMG_20200524_131832353.thumb.jpg.283586aa47a192b9d3e5a75e85b9015a.jpg

Saw some beautiful trees and Meadows.

IMG_20200524_131829788_resize_85.jpg.6dde7d130cda11fa301c6c59ca496c78.jpg

able to post motorcycle pics again!

More pics after they get resized.

Todd Mike Bob zip and Larry (just kidding about Larry) Juan, i  had fun thanks for coming along and enjoying it w me.

• Like 1

Summer opener & Memorial day weekend ride 5/24

Most sit at home as Lockdown and Social distancing continue. The Moto in us calls those who ride, the freedom and adventure await, I checked FB and the timing was perfect, It was Randy's post a ride for 5/24, along with DOC. I' m hooked time for Bike adjustments on the juist in time for summer opener. It's a chance to get out and ride a group.
5/24 rolls around and a medium size group showed up for the ride, an day of two wheels, dirt , wind and sun. We received notice that Randy and Docs ride decided it needed some TLC after the ride the day prior, he sent an update to the group that he is unable to attend. That doesn't stop the Moto in Randy, he came out with DOC to make sure we were squared away and to send us off. This was mostly a new group of members and riders that showed. (It was great meeting you and DOC).
Darren steps up and take lead, for the ride, we depart Alpine for some street and dirt fun. The Group follows , Darren's lead twisting the throttle like it was going out of style. As the group wist and turns through the area most had not been. I can see the riders cruise through the route with ease with views you would not have expected. About 1/2 way to Julian the group stopped to account for all at the Fork in the road.
Darren looking like a kid at Christmas , a trail is open he was itching for the road less traveled. A trail open that is not always available he takes 5 of us with him. With a few of us in tow, we followed Darren twisting the throttle to Julian via dirt. Mountain views small creek crossings we have it all.
We caught up with the rest of the Moto group, a few of us topped off some gas, sync with the others and then Darren got us together. Who wants to eat? Does a wild bear ...... He knows of a Taco shop, let's roll. We were off to the next trail, Darren on Rudolph the Red Honda, as he lit up with a grin at every twist of the throttle, leading us to trails and areas we never been or seen. We made it to the Taco shop for some long awaited human fuel. As we finished our meal and talked about the ride smiles were had by all. Comments and thanks to Darren on how great the route was , a few have it logged for future runs. If interested check with ( Kevin, Steve, Ono, Juan, Todd or Gary. Hope I got names right. ) We departed from food saying until the next ride tire side down , as we rode off.

Thanks for the group run

Adventure is always worthwhile

Todd

• Like 1

Dude , awesome write up

gave me tingles up my spine the way you write makes me need another ride next weekend.

When I try to describe the sensations of riding . I get a bunch of jumbled words that look like grease ants covering the page looking for food. 

You forgot about Mark. He was the quiet one on the GS 1200 with new dirt tires.

• Like 1

Looks like a good time - sorry I missed it 

Great to see a positive turnout,  ride / guide....:) 

Yes, great write up from Todd.

Darren, thanks for taking the lead since I had bike issues and couldn't ride.