KTMrad

Sunday 5/24 Dualsport Ride - Meet in Alpine - NOOBS Welcome !

9:00am Sunday UPDATE: Major bummer, I was charging the battery overnight, then put the gas tank back on and fired the bike up.....problem, sounds like it's running on one cylinder. I checked the fuel lines and everything I can think of, nothing has solved it.

SO, I won't be able to lead the ride. I'm going to drive my car to Alpine to meet up with the group and give them the bad news. Hopefully someone who knows the roads and trails can lead the ride.

If you haven't left your house already, you may want to bail.

Sorry folks  !

Meet at Carl's Junior at 1263 Tavern Rd., Alpine, 91901 at 9:30am.

Leave at 10am, head to Viejas Grade dirt, to Boulder Creek (paved turns to dirt) to Engineer Rd., then to Julian Brewing Company for pizza/bbq and a beverage if you'd like (they open at 11am, and you can sit outside maintaining "social distance guidelines"}.

Then Wynola Rd. to 78 west, to 79 north, maybe up to Aguanga and hit Palomar Divide back south.....or others may choose another option to go home sooner.

Then ultimately take Black Canyon dirt road from Mesa Grande back to Ramona.

Our mascot Doc Holliday will be in his sidecar again, so we'll be bringing up the rear on this ride.

This is a perfect ride for newbies (new riders).

Hope to see a bunch there !

• Like 2

just curious, is anyone interested  ?

Doesn't really matter either way, Doc and I are going riding  !

13 hours ago, KTMrad said:

just curious, is anyone interested  ?

Doesn't really matter either way, Doc and I are going riding  !

You can list me as probable for Sunday!

1 hour ago, SANRider said:

You can list me as probable for Sunday!

On the Rocket?

21164690-2A52-45E2-BEF8-D96B845CC04B.thumb.jpeg.c4243b89289d1b9660bfedd60dfccb77.jpeg

7 hours ago, Huntndogs said:

My buddy and I are a No Go...

Bummer...maybe next time.

I plan on riding almost every weekend.

• Like 1

Last call if you want to ride, just show up. Should be a good ride.

I busted my ass and worked on the 990 all day to go on this ride. Changed out the fuel pump and all the fuel/ air filters. Put it all back together and WILL NOT START. I had to tear it down again and pull the pump back out. Took it all apart and meticulously put it all back together. FIRED RIGHT UP!  Rolled it out to fill the tires and found I have a leaking tube in the rear. NO ride for me, but the bike is running nice so I know I am close.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.grudek/videos/10217312271338374/

• Sad 1

9:00am Sunday UPDATE: Major bummer, I was charging the battery overnight, then put the gas tank back on and fired the bike up.....problem, sounds like it's running on one cylinder. I checked the fuel lines and everything I can think of, nothing has solved it.

SO, I won't be able to lead the ride. I'm going to drive my car to Alpine to meet up with the group and give them the bad news. Hopefully someone who knows the roads and trails can lead the ride.

Sorry folks  !

Hey Gents. I am stuck in Oceaside. Total electrical failure at the gas station. Doesn’t look like I am going to get there...

Bummed but I guess better here than out on the trail. Hope you get this. I don’t have anybody’s phone numbers. 

Sorry Guys. I was really looking forward to this ride...

Chris

It must be the "Bad SUNDAY" ride. We just took of with the car going to Ortega Hyw and my Wife got some chest pain. So we turned around and went back home.

• Sad 2

I just took my $300 Taiwanese scooter for a ride....no issues.  Maybe it’s not a bad day?  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mr.JAJA said:

It must be the "Bad SUNDAY" ride. We just took of with the car going to Ortega Hyw and my Wife got some chest pain. So we turned around and went back home.

Oh no, hope she'll be OK !

Holy smokes!  I guess this ride just was not meant to be. 

Udo, I hope your wife is OK. 

I will be changing tubes today so I will be ready. I hope everyone's bike troubles are easy fixes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, made2moto said:

Hey Gents. I am stuck in Oceaside. Total electrical failure at the gas station. Doesn’t look like I am going to get there...

Bummed but I guess better here than out on the trail. Hope you get this. I don’t have anybody’s phone numbers. 

Sorry Guys. I was really looking forward to this ride...

Chris

Chris,   are you stuck at the station or getting home?

1 hour ago, KTMrad said:

Sorry folks  !

These things are super handy so that you dont have to tear into the bike to charge the battery. 

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiU8OSngc3pAhWEhsAKHUqiDt8YABAWGgJpbQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2tmH6dJ1jppVIXPl0vHm9Nr_MUEiKQVCpBCB6aCOapM3Jy5JQyFYtd67BlFz1q5KRgo2KeZcaO1OqiYzS2Sqj&sig=AOD64_1BR-NQUNOqPIBrhr3IpdIXW3rbZw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiIhdungc3pAhVDPK0KHbNHDTwQ9aACegQIDRB5&adurl=

• Like 1

A good group showed up, luckily Darren (350 Thumper) was there to lead the ride...thanks Darren !

20200524_115436.jpg

20200524_100219.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ADV Bum said:

Chris,   are you stuck at the station or getting home?

ADVBum. Thanks for checking!

i called my wife and she brought my trailer to the gas station. Dug into it at home...turned out whoever installed the battery didn't bother put the nuts behind terminal bolts. 🙄  Got some from a neighbor. Ship shape now. 

Actualy glad it happened 2 miles from home. Could have been stranded in the hills!

saw the ride pics. Glad you guys had a good group!  Looking forward to meeting you guys on the next one. Cheers!! 🤙🏼

Chris

Chris, Glad you had it covered and the fix was simple. It is always nice to have issues so close to home instead of the middle of nowhere. We could of wired the leads to the battery.  What bike are you riding and where in Oceanside?

If you want to post pix from this ride, please start a new ride report.....thanks !