Sign in to follow this  
Terrible619

I fell and got a boo-boo

Just thought I would share my little incident from yesterday. Went on a "super ;) seceret" ride up north with a couple of friends. We started where the 79 meets Lost Valley and rode pretty much a similar version of the ride that took place last thursday the 8th. Rode hixon/allesandro etc. and headed back to the truck. On the ride back, I was having a little to much fun jumping the water bars on the asphalt section on Lost Valley. About 2 miles from the truck I came into a turn a little to fast and lost it. I was braking into a easy right-hand turn when the back tire hit a bump and started to slide out from underneath me. Just after I screeched sideways over the next bump down the road I slammed and kissed the asphalt with mostly my right arm and helmet. I managed to roll over onto my ass and continued the slide for 50 feet or so. Im ok but just kicking myself for wearing a tee shirt that day. Oh well.... I will heal and the DRZ will get a new footpeg. It was still a great ride. :D

post-599-1211140541_thumb.jpgpost-599-1211141029_thumb.jpgpost-599-1211140663_thumb.jpgpost-599-1211140923_thumb.jpg

Speaking of boo-boos

My only injury from pinnacles...a two inch burn from mimi's header...

I was not atgatt- I exposed 4 inches of each leg between my short and my pads...right where the burn happened...

I've never been burned by the header, but I have melted a lot of riding pants from it.

AAAARGH!!! I've gpot a set of elbow/forearm protectors I'd be willing to donate to a worthy cause :D Lemme know Tom...

ATGATT- its not just for slow, old guys

Yeah, I would have avoided all of my injuries with knee pads and a padded riding jacket. I will be riding again in no time..... after a trip to the store for some saftey gear.

Thanks for the offer Rob, I'm going to look for a chest protector and elbow pads but if I cant find anything I like I'll give you a call.