Sign in to follow this  
simicrintz

Any golf cart guys on here?

Got a golf cart (free) the other day and am working on it.  Got it cleaned up, installed a lift over the weekend and added some bling.  Finding that golf cart stuff is ridiculously expensive and wondering if any of you have a good hook up?  I'll attach a few starting and current pics; thanks for any help!

1986 Club Car DS 1.jpeg

1986 Club Car DS 3.jpeg

CC Lifted 1.jpeg

CC Lifted 2.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m working on one now.  Got two, a beat up gas powered one and a nicer electric, basically moving all the best stuff to the gas one.  Yeah, parts are not cheap.  A few places around that part them out.  

Thanks, Tom.  This one is a Club Car and I need all the electric guts so if you are getting rid of your electric stuff (and it is a Club Car) I may be interested.  I also need a roof :)

If that don't work and you can share the places that you know that are parting out I'd appreciate it as well!

I see those driving around all the time, all of them plated??!

Not sure what it takes to plate them?  This is gonna be a mail getter in Utah and just to cruise around the 'hood once we get there :)

12 minutes ago, simicrintz said:

Thanks, Tom.  This one is a Club Car and I need all the electric guts so if you are getting rid of your electric stuff (and it is a Club Car) I may be interested.  I also need a roof :)

If that don't work and you can share the places that you know that are parting out I'd appreciate it as well!

I'm doing this project for a friend, we will be parting out the remnants but it's a Yamaha cart.  I think EZ-Go is the same, not terribly familiar but if there's something you can use we will have it.  I will have an extra roof.  

My buddy has a contact in Ramona for parts, will see if I can find out.  

21 minutes ago, tntmo said:

I think some places you can get them plated as NEV (neighborhood electric vehicles).

Says on the link they have to be operated within a mile of a golf course but I guess they don't really enforce that. By the beach they re all over the place

2 hours ago, kato said:

Says on the link they have to be operated within a mile of a golf course but I guess they don't really enforce that. By the beach they re all over the place

I remember a couple of dual sport guys got pulled over a mile from a golf course.  😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kato said:

I see those driving around all the time, all of them plated??!

I think GEM car makes or made street legal electric carts. They have a slow mode for the golf course and a fast mode for the street. They can do 25 MPH, at least the ones I am thinking of, and obviously can't be used on the highways.

The one I had experience with had blinkers, headlights, brake lights, speedometer, reverse lights, a VIN #, seat belts and probably some other road required gear and gadgetry I am failing to remember. 

I see several carts all around Coronado. They seem to work out well there on the street/traffic conditions. 

Sometimes golf courses sell old carts. You might be able to find one there that has the parts you are looking for on the cheap... I don't know for sure though. Just an idea.

2 hours ago, erik_26 said:

I think GEM car makes or made street legal electric carts. They have a slow mode for the golf course and a fast mode for the street. They can do 25 MPH, at least the ones I am thinking of, and obviously can't be used on the highways.

The one I had experience with had blinkers, headlights, brake lights, speedometer, reverse lights, a VIN #, seat belts and probably some other road required gear and gadgetry I am failing to remember. 

I see several carts all around Coronado. They seem to work out well there on the street/traffic conditions. 

Sometimes golf courses sell old carts. You might be able to find one there that has the parts you are looking for on the cheap... I don't know for sure though. Just an idea.

Good friend of mine, Mike Matheny owns quite the golf cart business.  A lot of his product seen in Coronado as that's where he lives.  Plating them can be a challenge I'm told, but Mike has it figured out.  Give him a call. I would imagine he is one of the most connected people around for repair and replacement parts.

Sundance Golf Cars, Coronado. 619-449-0822

I found a good deal on the wheels and tires and grabbed them; bonus-they are DOT!  Not sure how much street time they will see here (maybe up and down the neighborhood a little bit) but that was cool.  Utah is not as strict as we are so I may be able to take it to the grocery store or Lowes when we get there.

Keep me posted on the roof (if it will fit my cart) and your Ramona contact also please, Tom!

Thanks, Kelly: I'll try and reach him and see what I can learn!

Two junk carts into one somewhat less junky cart.  It not done yet, not gonna be jacked up like that!  

Have an extra roof like this one.

3E60ADDC-2ADB-4305-A74F-7544246777EB.jpeg

Who you calling jacked up??!!

I'll have to see if that top will work on my cart; interested if it will fit 👍

What else is going?  I'll try to see what may cross over from Yamaha to Club Car; I still have some Costco TP to barter with.......

• Like 1

I have 90% of a cart remaining.  Bigger job swapping the gas system into the electric cart than I figured.  

The gas cart looked like it had sat in the ocean for a few years....very rusty!

The cool thing about the Club Cars is that they are made out of aluminum.  Mine is kind of pitted but otherwise in good shape for a 34 year old!

I'll see what might transfer over from the Yamaha to the CC, if that info is available.  Thanks, Tom!