Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

XR250R one more time with the crew

I still am awaiting parts for my TX300 along with the refresh build up of my ex race bike /friends bike now TXC450. So I could not pass up an all Italian ride with my Paisanos and most on Italian bikes as well. It was a mixed ride from kid beginner Yam TTR to experienced riders Beta300RR Race edition, we split off and grouped out for a loops then met back up. Heres the intro and I will throw some chesty cam viddy up too. Note I also throw stuff up on my FB page Robert Nantista.

this is why my fork seal was blown and the bike is now with Suspension 101 for a service. Yes it's a trail bike....

The report part will be that it is getting hot and super dry, hydration is very important again as well as cool gear, I just broke out my Fly Kinetic Mesh gear, my neck cooler and I use Klim blue label cool base layer undies, which get soaked with water prior to ride. We only saw 2 other riders outside our group all day. Also ride within your limits and even as far as your daily limits, some days are better than others, also ride your bike inside the envelope of you can find yourself walking home. In my case the little XR was fine to go fast pace in the flowing stuff, but coming into whoops she could be dangerous and I blew the RH fork seal big time. for a first I ever seen the fork boot got sucked into the slider and tore the boot leaving fork boot material inside the fork, weird.

5 hours ago, robertaccio said:

The report part will be that it is getting hot and super dry, hydration is very important again as well as cool gear, I just broke out my Fly Kinetic Mesh gear, my neck cooler and I use Klim blue label cool base layer undies, which get soaked with water prior to ride. We only saw 2 other riders outside our group all day. Also ride within your limits and even as far as your daily limits, some days are better than others, also ride your bike inside the envelope of you can find yourself walking home. In my case the little XR was fine to go fast pace in the flowing stuff, but coming into whoops she could be dangerous and I blew the RH fork seal big time. for a first I ever seen the fork boot got sucked into the slider and tore the boot leaving fork boot material inside the fork, weird.

Not trying to thread jack, but you do raise a good point. With the weather changing, folks need to remember to stay cool and hydrated.

that was my public service announcement for the thread. Every year I seem to add this into the mix. mostly because I see guys wearing dark color heavy gear carrying too much on their bodies. Moose sahara, Fly Kinetic mesh Klim vented etc etc big big difference from regular MX gear also the simple addition of a neck cooler collar of some sort makes a huge difference.