DSM8

Truck tires

Is there anyone here that gets discounted pricing on tires?

used to have a contact but they have since retired

Well, it's down here in La Mesa., but my friend Colin owns Top Value Tire and he sponsors the Desert Dash and gives discounts to SDAR members. Try calling him, 619-465-5444.

Make sure to tell him you're a friend of mine. He's a great dude. 

4WP (just around the corner from you) has been running some pretty good discounts, depending on what you are looking for.  I bought some 60,000 mile warranty tires (Pro Comp) from them about a year ago and only got 33,000 miles out of them.  Bought them initially on their "buy 3 get one free" deal and then got my new set for just over $400 after warranty credit.

Again, not sure what you are looking for but you might stop in since they are close to you.

7 hours ago, simicrintz said:

4WP (just around the corner from you) has been running some pretty good discounts, depending on what you are looking for.  I bought some 60,000 mile warranty tires (Pro Comp) from them about a year ago and only got 33,000 miles out of them.  Bought them initially on their "buy 3 get one free" deal and then got my new set for just over $400 after warranty credit.

Again, not sure what you are looking for but you might stop in since they are close to you.

Bought my last set of BFG AT's at 4WP. Great price but I regret it. It's a major hassle to get routine rotation and balance with them. Spend a few bucks more and go to Discount Tire.

1 hour ago, PbdBlue said:

Bought my last set of BFG AT's at 4WP. Great price but I regret it. It's a major hassle to get routine rotation and balance with them. Spend a few bucks more and go to Discount Tire.

There is no warranty on the BFG's, which is why I switched to Pro Comp.  I switched from Discount to 4WP when they would not honor my warranty on the Pro Comps because of rotation (I do my own rotation and chronicle it; not good enough for Discount) and I don't have 3 hours to wait for them to do it anyway (I found that I could make an appt. with 4WP and they would take me right in and get me out in an hour or less).  

In the end I am not happy with either place; the hoops you gotta jump through at both places is ridiculous.  And I do like the BFG's better, just don't like the lack of warranty.

Never have needed a warranty. Rotation at Discount many locations - 45 minutes. At 4WP one location 2+ hours even though they only had one other customer👎

I can't seem to get 20,000 miles out of BFG's anymore :(    Too expensive of a tire for such low mileage for me (I drive a lot and am in a 3/4 ton diesel.  I think it is too torquey and just eats tires).   I do run them on my old Jeepster, but if that goes 500 miles a year it is a lot of miles and they look nice!

Only run them on my Xterra. Seem to wear on par with the gen 1 BFG's. The truck gets truck tires so I can't comment on how they wear on a heavier vehicle.:)