KTMrad

Street Ride Sunday 5/17 - 8:45 in Ramona

Meet at Packards Coffee Shop in Ramona. 680 Main St.

8:45am. They have coffee and pastries, but we can't congregate out front, but OK in the parking lot. Please follow physical distancing guidelines and remember to bring some type of face mask, bandana, whatever, for going inside stores, etc.

We'll leave about 9:15, head east, up to Julian for a break, then to Josie's Hideout, where you can eat and have a beverage if you want.

Then Mesa Grande and back to town. Or, maybe even make it a little longer ride, and people can go off on their own if they want. For me, it will depend on how Doc is doing...he should be fine.

If anyone wants to ride with us to Ramona, we can meet 8am at the Arco gas station, 8787 Lake Murray Blvd. at the southeast corner of Navajo and Lake Murray off the 125N then ride to Ramona.

I'd like to do a mellow paced street ride. This will be the first ride for our Mascot Doc Holliday since his major surgery 6 weeks ago. I must slowly break him back into riding so don't want to do any dirt on his first ride in 6 weeks (due to bumps and sliding the sidecar rig around corners), so if anyone is interested in a ride, let me know.

Of course, we must abide by social distancing rules.

FB_IMG_1585616438421.jpg

definitely maybe.  If I can trick wifey into putting a helmet on then we would both have a reason to take it easy.

• Like 1

MIght drag the wife out on this one if she is willing can you please provide a address and time for the meeting place?

hmm street only?  I may take the Harley.  Let me see what the wife planned for me

I'm trying a different battery charger for 2 days, will have an answer if battery will hold a charge by Friday evening.

And if not, maybe just bringing one of those jump start thingies will work.

I'm thinking if we go, then meet at Packards in Ramona around 8:45, leave from there around 9 - 9:15am ?

Does that time sound good for y'all ?

• Haha 1

Yep. I’ll be bring a non club member along for the ride. Probably the wife 2 up also. 

If I get up early, I will be there for a coffee and maybe a ride. Dave are you working on the DR650 on Saturday to?

Have the cams out of my 950 right now. Hoping the shim kit shows up today. If I can get my bike back together, I'll try to join. 

• Like 1

Looks like my Wife will go on a ride to. Surprise, surprise.

• Like 2

We're in...battery held a charge so we're going.

Updated time and place to meet in original post.

On 5/14/2020 at 6:12 PM, Mr.JAJA said:

If I get up early, I will be there for a coffee and maybe a ride. Dave are you working on the DR650 on Saturday to?

Yes start at 800 will take all day

I’m stoked about this ride tomorrow. Yesterday on the top of Mount helix I met one of my neighbors for the first time, he has a 1200GS also and occasionally rides with his wife. I think he’s going to join us as well.

• Like 2

My Mobile Motorcycle and ATV Repair Service (Mobile Cycles)  wants to say thanks  to SDAR and all of its members and family.

50% off all beer  to the SDAR members, supporting members, family and friends (or just riding buddy) at Doc's recovery ride to the Hideout Sunday in support and recognition of all Doc and Rad go thru, to do for other San Diego Adventure Riders . 

Just be a part of the group and your in...Mobile Cycles is covering half the beer tab.

• Like 1

Dang. What motivation. I am trying to get the fuel pump fixed on the 990. If I can make it I will be doing some dirt but will be heading out that direction. Got to go back to work. Thank you.

33 minutes ago, 350thumper said:

50% off all beer  to the SDAR members, supporting members, family and friends (or just riding buddy) at Doc's recovery ride to the Hideout Sunday in support and recognition of all Doc and Rad go thru, to do for other San Diego Adventure Riders . 

Just be a part of the group and your in...Mobile Cycles is covering half the beer tab.

Thanks Thumper, that's quite a gesture !

Also, a big shout out to Mike, ADV Bum for all the hard work he has been doing to improve and keep SDAR going...

Thanks ADV Bum !

• Like 2

Please remember to bring a face mask, bandana, whatever...you'll need it to enter any stores, etc.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Mike too ! 

A toast to Mike when we all get there.

Thanks Mike.

• Like 1

So at 7 am I am meeting a friend to ride black mtn, then black canyon to Mesa Grande. he is new and the pace will be slow, I would like to join up with you guys.  I would hope I'll be at mesa Grande by 9ish. Can someone post an update along your trip?  I'll check in here along my path.  Thanks

We're not even leaving Ramona til about 9:15.

7 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

So at 7 am I am meeting a friend to ride black mtn, then black canyon to Mesa Grande. he is new and the pace will be slow, I would like to join up with you guys.  I would hope I'll be at mesa Grande by 9ish. Can someone post an update along your trip?  I'll check in here along my path.  Thanks

I’ll try to keep an eye on my phone so you can text me. I’m unresponsive while riding but should see the message when we stop along the way. Then I can reply with our position and you can decide if you want to join up. My cell is 

619-792-4368

Kelly/Zubb

• Like 1