Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for joining me!  It has been a long time since I have been up to Big Bear.  Work and a winter full of nagging illnesses have kept me from going on many adventures in the  last few months, and then the current situation of the world has made things get downright weird  lately.  A wonderful day of riding with two great trail buddies made the all the bad things that the media keeps shoving down our throats nonstop just disappear.  The weather was a bit nippy,  with some pretty hefty wind gusts hitting some areas, and clouds rolled in in the afternoon.   My body is out of shape and not acclimated to hopping out of a car at 7000 ft elevation and right onto a motorcycle trail....but after the first hour out, things seemed to have adjusted  to where they should be for the most part.  A lunch stop at La Paws brought back many great memories, as well as creating one more, and added to the lunch adventures of trying to eat take-out from a styrofoam tray perched on the saddle of a 501.  Needless to say, both my riding gear and the bike ended up being accented by streaks of salsa, evident that I need to work on my pan-skippy-demic dining out skills.  I will be looking forward to more adventures in the near future, especially since I am officially retired.

100_1542.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

100_1544.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

100_1545.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

100_1547.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

100_1550.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

100_1551.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Huntndogs said:

Great pics Mimi...A little sore this morning :)

Me too.  Went to bed early last night and slept in this morning.  But I could definitely get suited up and do it again today.🤠

• Like 1

Nice ride, welcome to retired life Mimi.

• Like 1

Love Big Bear. 
Going in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

Great ride, great friends, and Mexican food! I have never ridden up there, where do you stage?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kbrew said:

Great ride, great friends, and Mexican food! I have never ridden up there, where do you stage?

I stage off of the 38 near Heart Bar.

Love Big Bear. 
Going in a few weeks. 

23 hours ago, Ken S said:

Love Big Bear. 
Going in a few weeks. 

We stage at the park in Fawnskin. 
Close to the hard stuff. 

1 hour ago, Ken S said:

Love Big Bear. 
Going in a few weeks. 

We stage at the park in Fawnskin. 
Close to the hard stuff. 

I've staged there, and at the airport, and right where 3n16 starts over by the dump, and at friends houses.

Thanks for the info about staging. Being a noob I am trying to collect as much info as I can about great riding areas. By the way, congrats on the retirement and the next adventure in your life.

Happy Friday,

Kevin

• Like 1