ADV Bum

Looking for a used 500 exc f - questions

Sweet Bike  - The tubliss system is nice but their is a learing curve to it . That said I have about 12K on it and pluged two flats and have gotten on my way in a few minutes with no sweat !

• Like 1

Just now, kkug said:

Sweet Bike  - The tubliss system is nice but their is a learing curve to it . That said I have about 12K on it and pluged two flats and have gotten on my way in a few minutes with no sweat !

I have used tubliss since they first came out. For my size they have many benefits. I would constantly get pinch flats in the front tire. Tubliss eliminated that problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, ADV Bum said:

I have used tubliss since they first came out. For my size they have many benefits. I would constantly get pinch flats in the front tire. Tubliss eliminated that problem. 

Thats great I guess you have quirks worked out. And I use my bike on the Highway a lot. Good stuff . 

1 minute ago, kkug said:

Thats great I guess you have quirks worked out. And I use my bike on the Highway a lot. Good stuff . 

I have not used the Gen 2. I have Gen 1 in my other bikes. People had complaints, but I did not really have any issues with them. If the Gen 2 are better than I should be set. Thank you

Looking forward to seeing how you like it.  I'm planning to buy a bigger, newer bike sometime soon.  Right now thinking a tiger 800 for longer adventure rides. But torn about losing dirt capability.  Wondering if the 500 would satisfy my need to be able to do longer rides and still do the rougher dirt stuff.  Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

I added the taller risers that came with the bike and redid the cockpit to fit me. Super comfortable now sitting and standing.  Added the kickstand and rear rack.  Took the bike out for a short motor break in run up and down the coast showing off some of its new habitat. It is really responsive. Had to be careful with throttle as the front end did not want to stay down.

1762176262_ktm500beach.thumb.jpg.fa935116a8e142496ac001f2202c7535.jpg

1182944350_ktm500beach1.thumb.jpg.64cd4e2f29645a9fc43bb245cdd610c6.jpg

New seat on the way. Tubliss to replace the inserts. New skid plate will be installed when I change the oil from break in. Getting close!

Awesome, Mike! 

I am sure you are going to have a lot of fun. You mentioned something earlier, the weight difference between the two bikes. I find it comical when I hop on my XT250 from my Super Tenere. The ~250 lbs XT250 feels as light as a feather compared to my almost 600 lbs Tenere. It is fun to be able to throw a lighter bike around. 

We will be looking for your smiles out on the trail!

Dressed and ready to go. I took it out for a short off road break in ride. Getting ready for a longer ride tomorrow. Threw it around in the dirt. Such a difference from the 990. I have not ridden a small bike in so long. I do have a new seat coming, but this is the way it will be set up most of the time. 

945339558_ktmdressed.thumb.jpg.c656c15b3ffbd0920e3c082d843b9229.jpg

Pretty sweet I might be looking into a similar setup on my 450 love those headlights.