Sign in to follow this  
amgems

SPOT / INREACH Tracking Link

I have the link to my SPOT Tracking page. https://maps.findmespot.com/s/MKTX on my profile page here. I think you guys can see it?

May not do me a  lot of good now a days sharing it with my SD riding friends, being out here in the middle of Arizona, (but ya never know), might be a good idea if those of us that have SPOT , INREACH or other emergency devices that have a tracking feature, provide those links to our riding buddies and other people that might care about you (however slightly). I send an email out every so often with the link address to my wife, sister in law, sons, riding partners, probation officer, etc. just to remind them it exists.

If I don't show up back home on time it is easy for Mrs Amgems to look at the tracking info and see if I've been in the same location for a long time. I could be hurt and unable to hit the HELP or SOS button. Or parked in front of some tavern somewhere. Either way she could locate me. Hmmmm?

The SPOT page was upgraded a few month ago. So if you have an old link, good idea to check it out and update the address if needed. The new link is better. You can better select the time frame of locating pings now.

• Like 2

Good Idea Mr. Amgems.  I need to set up a file with all the satellite links.

This is great. I like how it’s right on your profile page. Guess I’m going shopping for a unit I can text message through. Will man up and pay the monthly subscription finally. 

22 hours ago, amgems said:

The SPOT page was upgraded a few month ago. So if you have an old link, good idea to check it out and update the address if needed. The new link is better. You can better select the time frame of locating pings now.

+ 1 on this, I was out on a ride and went to fire up the spot and share a link with a new riding partner so he could share it with his wife. The old link wasn't working, a bit frustrating at the time. 

Funny, I sat down to update all my SPOT stuff too. Bobby has us dotting our i's crossing our t's. I used to have my SPOT guest page as a hyperlink in my signature, that functionality went away years ago. I wonder if it would be possible to bring that back?

Amgems, yes I can see your link and the page seems to be working well. Looks like it's showing your last location ping.

If you click on the little "clock" (History mode) in the left side sidebar you can select a number of different time frames

image.png.9a9b2436e1be556d8480c6713f292635.png

• Like 1

A few weeks ago did a 120 mile loop. When I fired up the SPOT all the lights were green. When I got home Power and GPS lights were blinking red. I thought maybe the batteries had quit during the ride, and my tracking did not work or wasn't complete. Went to my tracking page and the whole ride was tracked. Batteries read about 1.3 volts. Spot gives a pretty good warning when the batteries are starting to die. I checked device status and it looks like the batteries hit "weak" status right after I started the ride. So they lasted at approx 4-6 hours in a low voltage condition and kept transmitting my location. Thought you guys might like to know.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 3:53 PM, amgems said:

A few weeks ago did a 120 mile loop. When I fired up the SPOT all the lights were green. When I got home Power and GPS lights were blinking red. I thought maybe the batteries had quit during the ride, and my tracking did not work or wasn't complete. Went to my tracking page and the whole ride was tracked. Batteries read about 1.3 volts. Spot gives a pretty good warning when the batteries are starting to die. I checked device status and it looks like the batteries hit "weak" status right after I started the ride. So they lasted at approx 4-6 hours in a low voltage condition and kept transmitting my location. Thought you guys might like to know.

I've got approx 1000 miles of riding since the lights on my Spot3 started blinking red in early March. I carry two sets of back up AAA batteries. The point being, there is significant life left in the batteries even when the Spot starts blinking red.

On 5/12/2020 at 8:12 AM, Oracle said:

I've got approx 1000 miles of riding since the lights on my Spot3 started blinking red in early March. I carry two sets of back up AAA batteries. The point being, there is significant life left in the batteries even when the Spot starts blinking red.

Wow! That's good to know. I put fresh batteries in right away. I also fill up my gas tank when it is 1/2 full. LB, I'll bet you don't fill up until it is below empty. 😀

19 hours ago, amgems said:

Wow! That's good to know. I put fresh batteries in right away. I also fill up my gas tank when it is 1/2 full. LB, I'll bet you don't fill up until it is below empty. 😀

I've been known to push the limits on fuel...and batteries....🤣🤣🤣