ADV Bum

Otay rider missing search area data only

Please do not post comments or discussions.  That can be done in the other Otay rider missing thread. 

I wonder if that private chopper was hired by the family?  Whoever is flying it is following known motorcycle trails.  Heading up from Marron Valley toward Dogjunction... spitting off on that dirt side trail now...

https://planefinder.net/flight/N34WH

Border patrol chopper continues looping last ping location:

https://planefinder.net/flight/N4048L

Edited Sunday at 06:04 PM by tvscum

Here is exactly where he took that picture, it’s above Mine Canyon by the SoCal Gun Club.

A buddy and I searched in a private helicopter in the late afternoon in that area, no trace. I’ll be back out on motorcycle in the morning.

His Photo Location:

https://goo.gl/maps/vjmPFcAtY99Hxyho9

I spent the day in the Otay area between Otay lake and the border. Small two and single track putting and stopping and walking the whole day. Search aircraft was flying overhead off and on the whole day

Screenshot_20200427-184543.png

I covered a lot of ground around Deerhorn Valley Rd., headed out off Manzanita Way past substation and followed power line road out a few miles to this point with 2 other riders.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/32%C2%B039'14.1%22N+116%C2%B041'11.5%22W/@32.6539271,-116.688042,650m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d32.6539237!4d-116.6865302

Looking on Google Maps, we still didn't hit every road out there, but we did talk to power line workers and they said they would convey news to chopper pilot who was setting poles in the area. That chopper was flying low and covering quite a bit of ground too. So hopefully this area had some decent coverage.

map1.thumb.jpg.b76d262308a6a207e9ed2f3518f423b4.jpg

Tuesday 4/28/2020 searched areas around Barrett lake / Lawson Peak / Gaskill Peak / Deerhorn Valley / Lawson Valley GPX tracks available if needed 

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 7.05.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 6.49.54 AM.png

I have Searched , hiking this trail north of the Lake. It is accessible with a M-Bike, but hard to ride for an new rider. Small bike only . Hike is from the Dam, est on the fence line trail. I some one can walk the trails to the right, that would be a good thing. You can access this from the parking lot, where I ended up. Put A good visible sign on your Car/Bike (Search 4 Bobby) 

Bobby Search4-27-2020.PNG

Bobby Search2.PNG

What I'm about to post, I was asked to share on motorcycle group.

The number which I got these texts from, also said to give the group his cell if you'd like to help in the search 619-322-8065

I don't know this man, but I would want people searching for me. I post to try to keep updates as I learn and we are able to search areas they are looking, especially those that know the areas. Yes some of it maybe second or third hand, bottom line we are searching to find someone who's missing. This is a motorcycle forum, so helping my fellow motorcyclist on where they could help to look.

****disclaimer my memory sucks, but I believe this is Joel's brother's cell that texted me, I forgot his name*****

Here is what I got to texted me last night at 11:03pm, This what they had on new Pings yesterday.

fopR7l7.jpg

This is the text I received this morning at 9:00am. He said this is an update Ping Map with all Pings.

AppBi03.jpg

Thanks to everyone who searched and provided support. 

I think there are some takeaways from this, regarding the SDAR effort:

Perhaps have one SDAR point of contact to relay info between agencies and SDAR riders.

Manage the flow of information, with the intent for open sharing of intel, but respect for privacy and overwhelming loads of data.

Ride with a mate.

Have an honest ego/ risk check when you ride.

Something else to consider, the Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team is an all volunteer unit led by a law enforcement sergeant. They get called out for all kinds of tasks, not just missing persons. These are all some awesome people, I know a few and their last sergeant. If you so inclined to seek more info I have posted a link.  Thanks to all that helped on this search. I am certain the family appreciated it more than you will ever know. I love this group !
https://www.sdsheriff.net/sar/joinsar.html

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information