ADV Bum

Rider missing in OTAY area

When I was working out in southern NM, a native told me how they always watched where the ravens fly. They are atracted to human activity. They are smart, curious creatures. I have found this to be true, they tend to hangout where there is activity. 

I was thinking Cachuma TT (Barret over little Tecate, into Marron) might be worth a look. 

Also tons of illegal scoot track that BP has pounded in on the E and NE side of Tecate Pk.

How about grapevine cyn/ bowmans up to coyote holler in potrero?

Eyes open 

• Like 1

I wonder of he hit the road or looped back, then tried another leg to get home?  Where does he live?

Edited by Pokey151
Autocorrect change words
  • Like 2

Just got a call from his good friend.

They are thinking he is off Otay Truck Trail between Doghouse junction and the bottom towards the prison. Sounds like there will be a lot of hikers/walkers/searchers on that Otay Mtn Truck Trail today scouring to see if he is in the bushes, camouflaged. The road from Doghouse Junction to the prison. Been told he lives in Eastlake so thinking, the route back home.

If you'd like to help in there search today, he said people can call/text him. He'll let you know areas that have been covered, so don't have to search there.

He would like to know, if anyone knows the gunmen/person who supposedly talked to Bob at 1pm on Saturday, by the Sycamore Entrance.

Please call if you'd like to help he'll tell you where they are currently looking and already looked, and any info on the person/gunman that saw him at 1pm on Saturday. Do not call for updates, only if you can go to help only, or info on the person/gunman.

Guest RC Specialties Drone

I own a drone services company and have left my contact info with SD Sheriff.  If allowed we can dispatch and thoroughly map and report in a very short time.

There are several pilots willing to volunteer.  Just waiting for the ok to coordinate and begin.

Jim Bonnardel

RC Specialties

Thought I would chime in as I went out and rode this morning in the search. I bumped into some of the members on here who said they had covered the majority of the sycamore/marron trails yesterday. I spoke to sheriff’s search and rescue this morning and they asked for bikes to hit the single tracks on the side of the mountain near the prison. I started at the prison this morning and rode all of the single track from that side up to doghouse. I followed all of the trails down the south side to the border road as one of the searchers said he may have taken one of them as a shortcut to get home. The only thing I saw was tracks on the wider trails from Bortac’s quads. Everywhere else I went was way overgrown or hadn’t been ridden in a while. I was out from 7-noon and at that point, they believed that all of the trails on that side of the mountain had been checked. They were numbering off outside turns and had hikers heading down the canyons. I believe others on here may be right that he is further east toward dulzura. It just doesn’t seem likely that he is on the southwest side unless he scooted off a canyon and couldnt move or tried to walk downhill to get out. The sheriff’s dept told me that he spoke to someone saturday near the gun range on marron and had told them that his front tire was bald and causing issues. He had a lot of miles left with a half tank. I rode the entire west side and all the way to marron and back to jamul on a stock tank and had a quarter tank left. Stay safe out there. I hope he is found soon. 

• Like 1

I rode part of Barber Mountain and another rider I bumped into did a lot of the rugged single track around there.  Nothing there but power workers.

• Like 1

I just come back home. I walked from the Graffiti Dam ( Right side coming from the Para glider airport) On the fence trail all the way to the Para glider airport. It is rough but durable on a 400 for a experienced rider. Like Reximus said, I where watching the birds. At one location where 10-15 crows / raven circle in the air on a hillside, where I could not go by my self. later I found some single track where some 2 wheeler went down, with the grass pushed to the downhill side. Both location, I passed on to the  Police, Search center at the Correction facility. Later I saw the helicopter flying there. 

Has anyone checked the flume that leaves Barres reservoir? Theres not much, but some fun riding there. 

How about Cochera Via/ Vogt ranch?  There's also some BLM west of Vogt Ranch, East of the Gun club. 

Ive been gone but now back and willing to help.  Is anyone organizing the search? Sherrif?   Check in at Pio pico?  I wonder what they need most, hikers, dirt bikers, SxS or what?  

steve

No organization for privat search,  no plan what need to be covert, what is done. Pick a section from the map, take water, binoculars and go for a good hike. Watch for birds, Fly's and brocken bush, tire tracks. Mark every sighting on you gps and report to the police. I walked, hicked, climbed some trails in H1,G1,G2.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned that the family was organizing a hike to search. I asked to be updated so that the info can be passed on. Again, you guys are awesome! Thank you

Guest Funguy
On 4/26/2020 at 11:19 AM, Ken S said:

Has anyone posted his helmet color? Jersey color? 

I have read on these pages that the rider lives in San Ysidro and was riding near the Tecate border. Returning home would have included the option of crossing the border at Tecate and heading west to San Ysidro. That route (via the highway) is very twisty with many precarious ledges. Perhaps it should be included in the search?

Just a thought. -Eric

Guest Jwmw

His daughter said that is inaccurate. He lives in eastlake, close to the lake

Guest Desertbound1024

Anyone know where they plan to meet tomorrow and when? Was out there yesterday, can go back tomorrow and continue to look. Experienced with Moto and hiking. 

Guest Guest LC

Thanks Jwmw.  I was told today by his family friends out there that he lives in San Ysidro.  I'll correct it.

Guest Guest LC

It appears different information is still getting passed, some originating from people who know him and his family as well.  If someone on here has contact with the family, Jwmw??, is it possible to get reliable and constant communication with her or them?  Secondhand or third hand information is not helping.  :)

Guest Guest LC

Disregard my last posts....I just read Katie Camou's FB page and am backing off of posting any information at all at this point.  Good luck everyone with the search and stay safe.  We'll be praying.  

The post regarding where he lived was from me, I was being told this by someone at the Pio Pico while they were there.  Yeah it was second, third hand. . Maybe they misunderstood that he enters by the San Ysidro/prison. That's more to get out where he would enter/return from.

Anyways lets hope he's found.

I was out there today looking, didn't find him. Hopefully family will post about today, where they searched, and any new info/updates they received.

Awesome to see all the guys/gals searching.

Guest 650Hucker

Covered both sides of Proctor valley rd,  just to search where everyone else isnt already at. I've been known to explore off into Proctor Valley area while riding otay, and have seen others do the same so just wanted to make sure.  Checked most fire roads and single track.  No fresh signs of any moto activity whatsoever out there. From horseshoe peak, otay lake edges and back north to millar ranch all scoured. No signs. 

Katie Camou

Hi guys. The search continues. We are holding strong to our faith and have a positive attitude towards finding my dad. Please keep the prayers coming now more than ever. Anyone who wants to help our civilian volunteer crew, which contains expert level hikers can now just go through sheriffs who have my contact info. It is now too overwhelming to answer DMs and comments on FB, so again, call sheriffs if you want to help. I am out there personally in the dirt and brush screaming and searching for my dad. PLEASE listen and respect authorities and don’t try to go rogue, we are trying to be as organized and thorough as humanly possible. Don’t let curiosity keep you near search efforts, this will take up space and resources.

My dad is extremely resourceful and resilient. We believe he has the strength to make it out of this alive. Please send prayers. I miss him so much. We are a very close family and he texts me goodnight every night with a “😘” to make sure I’m safe. He served as a volunteer firefighter for Campo Fire Dept. several years back and has a heart that wants to help others. Helping others is his driving force and he would be out there just like all of you if it was your dad. My mom is in pieces over this as they are the best of friends. They love to laugh together and shower their rescue dog, Cricket, with kisses. Just trying to stay focused on bringing him home.

2 hours ago, ADV Bum said:

Katie Camou

Hi guys. The search continues. We are holding strong to our faith and have a positive attitude towards finding my dad. Please keep the prayers coming now more than ever. Anyone who wants to help our civilian volunteer crew, which contains expert level hikers can now just go through sheriffs who have my contact info. It is now too overwhelming to answer DMs and comments on FB, so again, call sheriffs if you want to help. I am out there personally in the dirt and brush screaming and searching for my dad. PLEASE listen and respect authorities and don’t try to go rogue, we are trying to be as organized and thorough as humanly possible. Don’t let curiosity keep you near search efforts, this will take up space and resources.

My dad is extremely resourceful and resilient. We believe he has the strength to make it out of this alive. Please send prayers. I miss him so much. We are a very close family and he texts me goodnight every night with a “😘” to make sure I’m safe. He served as a volunteer firefighter for Campo Fire Dept. several years back and has a heart that wants to help others. Helping others is his driving force and he would be out there just like all of you if it was your dad. My mom is in pieces over this as they are the best of friends. They love to laugh together and shower their rescue dog, Cricket, with kisses. Just trying to stay focused on bringing him home.

She deleted this post... not sure what that means.  Glad you posted this because it reminds me he was a volunteer firefighter.

Guest Maribel

Hello . My husband and I hikeD the sycamore Canyon yesterday. We are planning to go on our mountain bikes today . We know some people from Dulzura and know some of them covered some areas by the shooting range and the mountains around. 

6 minutes ago, Guest Maribel said:

Hello . My husband and I hikeD the sycamore Canyon yesterday. We are planning to go on our mountain bikes today . We know some people from Dulzura and know some of them covered some areas by the shooting range and the mountains around. 

Has someone has walked that gnarly hill above Mocogo Ranch house here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.6227194,-116.7919327,706a,35y,39.17t/data=!3m1!1e3

That is tough hill to descend and there are two routes.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information