ADV Bum

Rider missing in OTAY area

Guest Rory

I was reading and goggled pink gate.  Its a blm area where people go shooting.    It's in Dulzura off the SR-94 just east of the Border Patrol station.   

This is info on a post I read about PINK Gate.  Someone posted awhile back. I hope this helps.  

Nice! Where is Pink Gate btw?

I've found that people don't really give away BLM spots either because they don't want irresponsible types to ruin the place and they don't want places to get crowded. Kind of like how people don't give away fishing spots.

But that same reason of secrecy is what kept me from seeking out and going in the first place. Just clean up your shells/casings and your targets when you're done. Also don't shoot steel case or steel core ammo. Just posessing that type of ammo on the land even if you don't shoot it is a misdemeanor according to the BLM agent.

It's in Dulzura off the SR-94 just east of the Border Patrol station.

I'm available and know the areas between Otay and Tecate well.   Who is coordinating efforts?  I'm ready to search. 

Guess I'll DM OP on facebook but if anyone here has the info, pls share.

Guest ? Not sure

I thought a read a post that the sheriffs received a call for help near pinkgate.  Not sure.   

13 minutes ago, Dhillr said:

I'm available and know the areas between Otay and Tecate well.   Who is coordinating efforts?  I'm ready to search. 

Guess I'll DM OP on facebook but if anyone here has the info, pls share.

His family asked volunteers to stage at Pio Pico Campground. 

Looks like a private chopper owned by Robinson Helicopter just showed up N34WH... it is tracking along the border fence route from west to east.

9 minutes ago, Dhillr said:

Thanks... I'll head there now. 

That was this morning 

Tough part about this. He’s riding a Beta 500 4 stroke with what appears to be a 4 gallon tank. 
His wife told me all they had to go on was gps coordinates from a photo he sent them. 
That was probably 1gallon of fuel into his ride. 
Leaves a huge area of possibilities of where he could have gone. 
I’ve ridden with Bobby and he’s a skilled and responsible rider. Not a newb. 
Many prayers sent. 

I wonder if that private chopper was hired by the family?  Whoever is flying it is following known motorcycle trails.  Heading up from Marron Valley toward Dogjunction... spitting off on that dirt side trail now...

https://planefinder.net/flight/N34WH

Border patrol chopper continues looping last ping location:

https://planefinder.net/flight/N4048L

2 hours ago, tvscum said:

homeland security chopper

SEARCH CHOPPER.jpg

That's what it looked like to me

Facebook says they are looking for skilled riders. I'm intermediate and old and slow...

Apparently the roads are well covered, hearing rumors of lots of traffic. So seems they don't need more people just driving the jeep roads.

Hope they can find him with infrared or something overnight.

If you have expert skills consider heading to the Pico Pico campgrounds in the morning...

Guest Desertbound1024

Anyone looking to head out tomorrow morning? I’m a skilled rider and am willing to go out and lend a hand. Live in Escondido 

Guest Desertbound1024
6 minutes ago, Vicresendez said:

I’ll be headed out at daylight to Pio Pico campground store, to assist with KTM dual sport or on foot if needed. 

I’ll head out there as well.

This is from her facebook page: Just received an update from my brother. “Border patrol pinged his phone at 7pm yesterday right by the lake and again this morning so everyone is headed there rn and they’re gonna get a K9”

If this is true regarding the cell phone and K-9, people should keep there distance form that area until the LEO's do their search and make their assessments. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information