ADV Bum

Rider missing in OTAY area

71523994_10215865028318609_8530703840482

Katie Camou
2 hrs · 

Dear friends, I can’t even believe I am putting this into words, but my dad, Bobby Camou, went for a solo ride on his dirt bike around 10am yesterday 4/25 and did not return home. We are fairly certain he went riding in the Otay Mountains near home. He had planned on being home around 4:30pm, and we last heard from him at 12:22pm when he sent us a snap shot of himself taking a break, so not hearing from him is making us very scared. This feels like a living nightmare. If you are able to (safely) help in our search for him, please DM or text me. We need hikers or any friends that have off road vehicles/quads/ATVs/dirt bikes...etc. Please pray for us, for my dad. And if you think it’s ok to go out alone on hikes or “adventures”, THINK AGAIN and STAY HOME, STAY PUT!

• Sad 1

Word is spreading.  Some friends of LEO air have been reached out to. Any one who goes out please post where you have traveled along with any updates and news. Thank you

Just burned a tank of fuel at Otay looking around. 
Search party is forming at Pio Pico. 
Sheriff helicopter has been flying all morning 

3A76CAC2-6588-44F1-A18D-FDE52813EB35.jpeg

It was passed on that it is very hot out there. Please pack plenty of water and go in pairs/ groups as we dont want anyone else missing. Thank you all for any help provided!

I hope this works out OK

Its possible he covered a lot of ground

From my perspective thats Cuyamaca in the background looking east, Its seems a bit close and north to be taken from Otay

Similar look to Mason or here this is where I think photo is taken

32.5992205, -116.7742717

But yeah MTN in background is deceiving

FB inquiry - Where is there a body of water 60‘ x 3‘ near pink gate? The sheriff I spoke to said somebody reported calls for help from that area.
The brush is really overgrown and it’s really hot this is difficult

Guest Reximus
42 minutes ago, Riggerdan said:

I hope this works out OK

Its possible he covered a lot of ground

From my perspective thats Cuyamaca in the background looking east, Its seems a bit close and north to be taken from Otay

No, its Otay, mine canyon

Guest Reximus
15 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

FB inquiry - Where is there a body of water 60‘ x 3‘ near pink gate? The sheriff I spoke to said somebody reported calls for help from that area.

There are a few ponds back there. I know that area extremely well. This is not Mason valley or cuymaca.

Last cell ping was 32.59342 -116.88508

Which is consistent with Otay. East of Juvenile Det. Center

Guest Reximus
33 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

The creek was flowing, that could be what they reference. There is also a seasonal pond about 1/4 mi east of pink gate, right along a two track road. 

32.6389223, -116.7924879

Guest Reximus
6 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

BCF3F372-AF37-49C5-B39D-ED8E58CA6126.thumb.jpeg.ec18f9803b519a6eba95be221b6f8183.jpeg4757455B-A0BD-44CE-AF8E-D50D95C63D73.thumb.jpeg.b3e1be1d063b84d5966a6122d6893343.jpeg

That's it. I was out there yesterday, saw a few bikers. 

I think you're too far east, did you try the first coordinates east of the juvi hall? Its NASTY rocky out there. 

Guest I would consider hiring a

I would consider hiring a helicopter with pilot from perhaps around San Diego airport. Find that pink gate and circle around. I'm in Los Angeles and have never been there so good luck!!

I was at the pond this morning but spotting some one off in a ravine or something is like finding a needle in a haystack. 
Saw 1 BP near the pond. 

Just got back from out there in the jeep, totally unaware of this.  Saw the helicopter flying around and we were at the east end of Sycamore Canyon at the top of the hillclimb.  I was looking for that pond but didn't want to go down that hill in the jeep.  Saw several groups of jeeps and BP sitting around.   On 94 coming home saw 2 CHP with lights on, one siren too, and a firetruck headed toward Pink Gate area.  Gonna go out there tomorrow on the bike early,  too hot now.

Guest Kdog

I’ll be out tmrw a.m. what is best start point? I’m not totally familiar with are but have in reach and heli already out there.

Kev

28 minutes ago, Guest Kdog said:

I’ll be out tmrw a.m. what is best start point? I’m not totally familiar with are but have in reach and heli already out there.

Kev

If your not familiar with area best is to stay out of area when an active search is going on, your just going to get in the way and slow progress

2 hours ago, crfxer said:

Just got back from out there in the jeep, totally unaware of this.  Saw the helicopter flying around and we were at the east end of Sycamore Canyon at the top of the hillclimb.  I was looking for that pond but didn't want to go down that hill in the jeep.  Saw several groups of jeeps and BP sitting around.   On 94 coming home saw 2 CHP with lights on, one siren too, and a firetruck headed toward Pink Gate area.  Gonna go out there tomorrow on the bike early,  too hot now.

Forgot the 2 F-18’s that flew by

B8C5FE60-F49A-4D85-A774-337F72A5BAC2.png

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information