Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Moto Quiz - Name That Part and Why Is It Important?

1.       IMG_1497-L.jpg

2.  IMG_1800-M.jpg

3.  IMG_1801-M.jpg

4.  IMG_1804-M.jpg

Fuel line, fittings and filters for Bagstr's KTM.  Important because wont run without them.  Looks like upgraded parts to replace original ones.

What do I win?

good work using the OEM type Oetiker barb fitting clamps.

Speaking of those clamps...what size are they?? I need to order some. Thanks, Bags (or whoever answers my qusetion)..

Oracle,

I bought the Slaven's CPC 5/16"  kit because I was ordering something else.  You can get the metal parts locally I believe.  Slaven's sent 14.5mm which I think is too tight. I had 15.7mm which worked. I have some 15.3mm which came with the Earl's fuel filter.  This is what I would use in future. The hose you use determines what you need, so I would get a range of sizes to work with. Marshall's Industrial Hardware. The barb ends really enlarge the hose. 

Home Depot will ship you the tool. Mr. B may have an opinion about clamp size.

Good Luck

McTrails,

What you win is an Elbow Bump and Breakfast, the next time I see you.

A winner you are, but only half correct. It is important for the reason that:  I don't need to wake up in the early hours worrying that my fuel line connector is going to snap at some minor get off and leave me stranded. 

Bagstr

P.S.  The issue also gave me a project to occupy my time.

I had one of the OE plastic quick disconnects fail on my 500exc midday on a hot June day last year deep in the mud hills of OW. Made the day a bit more of an effort than we planned on. Had spare fuel line and clamps with me but no disconnect or coupler. Now I know...

For tooling- You can order on amazon a variety size kit of OEM style Oetiker clamps with the crimp tool included.

for further bullet proofing- FYI also note the ZipTy Racing inline fuel filter uses the OEM plastic cone screen 1st  in with the additional smaller micron size metal screen filter as 2nd stage. The male side of the QD (Quick Disconnect) is machined into the alloy body with a barb fitting on the other end.

All my crew with KTM/Husky FI 4 strokes run the OEM banjo tank fittings (90 degree type) with ZipTy Racing in line fuel filters (from San Diego to Idaho up to Canada (single track) and from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. 

https://ziptyracing.com/products/quick-disconnect-fuel-filter-zipty-ty-davis

It looks like this

Oetiker Kit.png

Edited by robertaccio
update

image.thumb.png.e478862ed75b8d5d763436b4d2bfb260.png

This is supposed to be a Quiz, so we better take this to a sub-section of the Technical Thread

• Haha 1

Bringing this back.  I have seen that if you only replace the female side of the connector you can still use the oem (male) side with the fuel filter. I do like that idea vs buying and adding the other aftermarket fuel filter.  People have also suggested a 90 deg male end. What are your thoughts?

Thanks