Tree

Get together?

Since my weekends are pretty booked until after Mid July, I was thinking of bringing the grill to the shop on a friday for a little gathering if there is enough interest. I'd throw on some burgers and dogs but you'd be responsible for your own drinks. We could hang out and do a little bench racing. Could also make it a maintanence day as well, plenty of room to work on the bikes. Maybe 5/30 or 6/6 starting around 4:30 till ? Does that work for anyone?

I'll be there... if i happen to have some bead blasted aluminum, just RIPE for powdercoating, so much the better :bad:

how far is the shop from your house? If its in the neighborhood I'll cruise by, I'm just a couple miles away.

Should be exploring some dirt in Boston by then. :bad:

I'm in, either day. Looking forward to it :bad:

I'll be there! It's been to long since I've spent some time with my good friends here.

Let me know if you would like me to bring anything :bad:

OK so it looks to be 6/6. :bad: The shop adress is 1666 N. Magnolia Ave. suite K El Cajon. It is behind vee parts and truck and stuff.

I am a long way from there, and more often than not, traffic is extra special that time of day. But I would like to make it. Pencil me in as a might possibly kinda sorta almost for sure likely be there. :bad: Ken

OK who's all coming? on friday I have to be out by 6pm. So, I plan to have the get together from 3-6pm if that works for everyone. If it would be better for everyone to start and stay later I could move it to Thursday but I need a head count to tell if this thing is going to go off or not. :lol:

Friday sounds good. Three Happy Hours at Tree's should be just enough to get... well... Happy :lol:

See ya there!

Duane, I am not going to make it. Thanks so much for the invite though. B) Ken

OK who's all coming? on friday I have to be out by 6pm. So, I plan to have the get together from 3-6pm if that works for everyone. If it would be better for everyone to start and stay later I could move it to Thursday but I need a head count to tell if this thing is going to go off or not. :)

I'm out......forgot that we're headed to Temecula Friday afternoon with the Toybox to camp at lake Skinner for the Temecula Balloon & Wine Festival :blink:B) :rtfm: :lazy: :lazy: .......though I'd rather be heading to your place Friday :drinks: and Schwinn's place this weekend :dance: B):dirol: .....have fun! :good:

hi,

did some one say powdercoating...???

what would it cost to have a 04/ 525 KTM FRAME done..?

i just happen to have a "new",extra one..B)

hi,

did some one say powdercoating...???

what would it cost to have a 04/ 525 KTM FRAME done..?

i just happen to have a "new",extra one..B)

Depends on the color you want. If it is a standard stock color then about $120. For more exotic colors like metallics, candys, transparents it is more. give me a call at the shop 619-596-6769 or go to www.dbspowdercoat.com to see the color charts.

sorry I know this thread isn't supposed to be Q&A on your shop, but can you to hi temp coating for exhaust pipes?

sorry I know this thread isn't supposed to be Q&A on your shop, but can you to hi temp coating for exhaust pipes?

Yes, there are some powders that are good to 600 degrees but you are pretty much limited to black on this one. I am also waiting on some info from another supplier that is good to 800 degrees and I believe they have more variety of color choices.

OK Duane- since the hi-jack has already occurred, and you answered the question... here is another one

Are there powdercoats that are available for food contact applications? specifically in a cold environment, with direct (non-acid) food contact

I am trying to direct some business your way from my company and some others... unfortunately, some of the shops refuse to try new companies :lol: ... luckily, I still have some control of my own department ;) for now :huh:

Can I drop some beer off to your shop prior to the get together?

Tree,

I'll see you there...with this many people we should be able to get your clutch finally working, Woops, did I say that out loud. :D

OK Duane- since the hi-jack has already occurred, and you answered the question... here is another one

Are there powdercoats that are available for food contact applications? specifically in a cold environment, with direct (non-acid) food contact

I am trying to direct some business your way from my company and some others... unfortunately, some of the shops refuse to try new companies :D ... luckily, I still have some control of my own department :D for now :D

Can I drop some beer off to your shop prior to the get together?

Yes there are powders that are FDA approved.

And yes you can stop by and drop some beer off.

Dave- the bike is in the shop so hopefully it will be good to go by the next ride.

Thanks for the hospitality Tree. It was great to see some friends I have not seen in awhile and it was nice meet some new ones.

Oh, and thank you bikeslut for the cold beverage :)

I'll host up a maintenance day at me casa again sometime later this month or early next month (my schedule at work will determine it).

Catch you guys on a ride soon!

Aaron