ADV Bum

Motorcycle Luggage Rally - Meet up Mid May

I did not know exactly what would be a good name to call this. Since we have time I felt it would be good to put this out there so that we could get as much gear to compare as possible. We would be getting together in Mid May after the shelter in place rules are lifted. A good excuse to get together and share our freedom.

I wanted to create a meet up / event where DS/ ADV riders could get together and compare the different manufacturers and models of luggage that are available for our bikes. This would be good for all riders who are either looking to buy their first set of bags or compare what they have to what other manufacturers offer in a hands on comparison so that they can make an educated decision in their future purchasing.  We will also have a BBQ and refreshments. It will take place in Escondido.

If you have a set up that you would like to show please chime in and I will add them to the list

This is what I have as of now. 

LUGGAGE

Giant Loop Mojave bags

Giant Loop Coyote - Zipper version - would be nice to show the roll top if someone would bring it

Giant Loop Great Basin - Zipper version - would be nice to show the roll top if someone would bring it

Giant Loop Fandango tank bag

Givi side and top adventure aluminum cases

Kreiga OS Combo 36 packs

Tusk Highland Rackless Luggage System w/ Medium Dry Duffel/ Accessory Bags

Tusk Pilot Pannier Bags

MoskoMoto Reckless 40l v2 with 8l stinger bag

MoskoMoto Reckless 80 v2 with 22l stinger bag

Wolfman Bata

Wolfman E-12 saddlebags

Wolfman Rolie bag

RACKS

Globetrottin rack

Chuck in Wolfman products - E-12 and Rolie bags.

Can a person bring gear to buy -sell- give away ? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kkug said:

If you want to bring your gear to sell or giveaway, that would be great. We could set up a used section with a few tables. 

Can we get venders with gear to show?

Veys?

Precision Motorcycle Racks?

Hopefully I can make it, I have the Kreiga OS Combo 36 packs I’d be happy to bring

I have a Wolfman Bata, not sure if it’s the plus model. Also what Van has, the E12’s. 

Hello all! I am new and came across this post. I have the Giant Loop great basin roll top. I'll bring it with me as soon as we get this event dialed in. 

Wanted to revise this thread and see if there was any interest and things are starting to open up again and we are getting into the spring/summer trip season.

• Like 1

I’m in. Always dig seeing everyone’s kit and how they rig stuff. 
I can bring aluminum boxes and Reckless 80 plus a few more MM bags. 

So do we want to see about resurrection of this idea some time after 4th July weekend?

• Like 1

I will be fit by than. Have some setup and some for sale. Giving, Wolfman, Jessy, tusk.

Now that CA is relaxing the rules I think we should revive this.  Dave, are you still willing to have this at your place?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

Now that CA is relaxing the rules I think we should revive this.  Dave, are you still willing to have this at your place?

Totally

There was never a thought not to.

• Like 1

So if we are going to revise this why dont we get a date down on the calendar, obviously we are talking after the 4th but due to summer heat etc. Does that put August out of the question, I mean we can always hose down Mike if he gets too hot.

Thoughts?

I would really enjoy a meetup with everyone over this. Anytime after Aug 13 works for me.  Pretty sure we can get Wade from Team Mosko to attend also.

On 3/31/2020 at 8:00 PM, kkug said:

Moto hobo gear show and swap meet of sorts, I like it!

I think if we go that route will have to make sure we have two distinct areas, those for the testfitting etc, the garage sale can be held in the actual garage to keep the gear separated. I can accommodate that easy enough