Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

"Street Bike" Tracks out of Poway/Ramona

The new guy in town (Jeff) asked me if I would mind creating a track for him to get over to the beach from Poway on his Super Hawk without having to ride Superslab.....no sweat :good:

I ginned up a couple "street bike loops" last night/early this morning (used this morning's "active track" for Track 01A)

Track 01 takes the rider from the center of Poway (Community Rd.) up Highland Valley Rd. to Packards in Ramona.......not exactly the direct route to the beach :o:huh: , Ok, not even remotely close to the most direct route, but hey, it's a "leisurely/fun/road bike ride".....so why not hit the twisties on Highland Valley, have a cup of coffee, then plunge down 78 to start that ride to the beach off right! ;):DB)

Track 01A is my preferred work commute to Carlsbad when I ride the Super Chicken to work (which I'm doing more and more given the warm temps and price of fuel).....takes a bit longer than Superslab but it's a nice ride/route so who cares :bad: (If you're going to take the freeway you might as well drive your car...yuk :wacko:) ......I ended that track at So. Carlsbad State Beach :bad:

Tracks 01B&C are two optional ways to meander back to Poway...just depends on how long you want to cruise south along the beach before turning inland (and how much time you have to ride).......lot's of nice roads in the Rancho Sante Fe area.....deviate from the tracks/get lost/have fun.....

Track 02 is a nice ~100 mile loop from Packards in Ramona. It heads up towards Julian via Old Julian Hwy/78, drops down Wynola/Banner Grade, cuts across Yaqui Pass (S3) to Borrego, then heads up S22/S2/79/76 and swings by The Hideout. From the Hideout it's up Mesa Grande and over to 79/78 and back to Ramona. Some good/fun twisties thrown in the mix along this track.......the optional "Palms to Pines" track, and the associated Idyllwild Spur track, are available if you want a big day/ride.

Enjoy!

Street_loops_for_Jeff.txt