37 minutes ago, PbdBlue said:

Just out. Looks like all the OHV parks are also included. No vehicular access allowed. 

https://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=30350

That's actually the same notice from earlier this week.  It claims, if you read to the bottom, that certain features including trails and beaches are still open, but they need to exclude that language from the bulletin.  Just like the BLM claims that the public land is still open for use, but that isn't rue either.  If there is only one entry point with a staging area, they will close the land down.  That  is what happened to Lark Canyon, and why?  Because people can't obey the rules on congregation of groups.

30 minutes ago, dirt dame said:

It's dated March 29th. They are now saying 280 parks are closed to vehicular traffic. I believe earlier the closures were only in regard to developed campgrounds, visitors centers, etc. That said the Anza Borrego Facebook page is saying that the 4wd trails remain open. I was out yesterday and there were a lot of people dispersed camping around Yaqui Wells. Hopefully they will get some clarification on the state website. BLM website has not indicated any changes other than the previously announced restrictions. And I agree with you Mimi the problem is people just don't follow the rules. 

Now seeing Facebook posts that rangers are currently going around Ocotillo Wells and telling people they have to be out by noon tomorrow. Park will be closed starting tomorrow.

So if I’m reading this correctly, the only place to ride off road is AB? We can still ride there right? I was going to hit Corral tomorrow morning but that looks like a no go...

29 minutes ago, Bodie said:

So if I’m reading this correctly, the only place to ride off road is AB? We can still ride there right? I was going to hit Corral tomorrow morning but that looks like a no go...

I Rode by The Pine Valley cul de sac this afternoon. The gate was open and lots of trucks parked there. IDK if it'll change tomorrow.

As of now Superstition is still open but I wouldn’t be surprised if the BLM shuts it down very soon.

Anza Borrego is now completely closed:

———————————————————-        

Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is now CLOSED to all camping and to ALL vehicular traffic, even on dirt roads.

Please stay home, shelter in place, and help flatten the curve of COVID-19 infection. It is up to all of us to do our part to control the spread and keep everyone healthy.

We look forward to welcoming you back into the park when we can do so safely. Until then, look for our Livestreams on Facebook (Gregory will be looking at the moon tonight, March 30, at 6:05 pm) to stay connected to Anza-Borrego Desert State Park!

21 hours ago, Bodie said:

Gate to Pine Valley cul de sac closed as of 915 am

Was the moto gate closed/blocked?

4 minutes ago, Fargoin said:

Was the moto gate closed/blocked?

Sorry Fargoin, I don’t know what the moto gate is. I had just pulled up and two rangers arrived. I spoke with one of them and he advised that it was closed for riding and they were about to close the gate. 

2 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Sorry Fargoin, I don’t know what the moto gate is. I had just pulled up and two rangers arrived. I spoke with one of them and he advised that it was closed for riding and they were about to close the gate. 

Thanks.  Next to the gate they periodically close there is a moto/horse/bike whatever,  entrance.  I don't think they can close it off but they could block it.

15 minutes ago, Fargoin said:

Thanks.  Next to the gate they periodically close there is a moto/horse/bike whatever,  entrance.  I don't think they can close it off but they could block it.

It's possible that they could barricade the entire parking area right at the cattle guard.  It wouldn't be too difficult to do and would keep cars from accumulating there.

And speaking of the desert, I just saw a video of a small plane patrolling the Ocotillo Wells area and calling out to people on the ground to leave because the area is closed.

As of this afternoon, Otay Mountain Truck Trail gate was still open at Pio Pico. I passed a Sheriff parked about a mile up and he just waved.

Does anyone know if the gates are closed up in the Ramona area? (Lusardi, Orosco, Santa Ysabel ,etc.)

45 minutes ago, SANRider said:

As of this afternoon, Otay Mountain Truck Trail gate was still open at Pio Pico. I passed a Sheriff parked about a mile up and he just waved.

Does anyone know if the gates are closed up in the Ramona area? (Lusardi, Orosco, Santa Ysabel ,etc.)

Orosco always seems to be closed  these days.  Some of the others are closed after a rainstorm.  Here's a list of closed routes in our area.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5340229&width=full

The Lusardi, Orosco, Santa Ysabel and Black Mountain gates were closed. Black Canyon Road and Southerland Dam Road were still open.

Strangly the hiking and mountain bike trails near Orosco were still open.

On a side note, I rode by the Hideout, it looks like it had just finally reopened prior to the COVID-19 shutdown.

On 3/29/2020 at 8:18 PM, PbdBlue said:

As of now Superstition is still open but I wouldn’t be surprised if the BLM shuts it down very soon.

for camping (alone) too?

1 hour ago, kato said:

for camping (alone) too?

According to the BLM website Superstition is still open for dispersed camping. Anza Borrego and Ocotillo Wells are closed. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 6:35 PM, SANRider said:

Went out for a hike in Pamo valley, all gates closed.