dirt dame

The usual solo Sunday ride 03/22/20

Went out to McCain yesterday.  There were more vehicles parked out there than I have ever seen in the 30 years I have been riding there.  I'll bet there were at least 30-40 vehicles in the picnic tree area.  I guess all the people who usually have other places to go, dusted off,  drug out their dirt bikes and headed out here.  The ones that is, that didn't end up at Pine Valley.  That place looked packed as I drove by, also.

Typically though, as soon as I rode over the ridge, there were very few riders spotted, leaving me with empty routes and peaceful scenery.   Romance was in the air for some of the resident critters.  I was rolling through one of the many water puddles that were created by the tiny rivulets of rain runoff water, when I spotted something that looked out of place.  At first, it looked like a lumpy toad, but rolling a little closer to it, I discovered that it was two toads who were busy producing strings of pollywog beads that would soon become tiny black tadpoles.  I got off my bike and walked it around them, so as not to disturb them, then walked back and stuck my camera in their faces to capture a National Geographic moment.  They were unfazed though.  Then I continued on my merry way.  Weather was about perfect, with light breezes and a pleasant overcast sky above for much of the day.  The day ended with a quick stop at the still open Candy Cottage, before I drove back home.  For at least a few hours at least, the current crazy situation of the world melted away, and order was restored to my personal world.

49688331368_937944e28a_o.jpg

100_1504.jpg

100_1505.jpg

100_1506.jpg

100_1503.jpg

• Like 3

another great season blown for the most part. Im house bound, last year due to injury this year due to china virus........

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1