kbrew

New rider from Del Cerro

I just picked up a 2015 dr650 with 817 miles on it.  I borrowed a bike last week and I felt like a kid and couldn't stop smiling. I am looking forward to riding and participating in a great community. I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Cheers,

Kevin

Awesome, welcome to our community !  Hope to meet you soon, 

KTMrad

SDAR Founder

I’m working on a DR650 right now, upgraded suspension, pumper carb, IMS tank.  Got some other aftermarket parts that might be available afterwards if you want.  Great bikes.

Welcome to the group, see ya on the trail.

That bike is brand new congrats!  When you get a chance, look into the NSU screws (neutral sending unit).  Some on this forum have successfully done the fix before.  the "DR650 Thread" on advrider is an insane wealth of knowledge - practically too much info.  Beware, if you read it you will start spending $$ on the bike.  Procycle is a great online retailer that has many DR specific parts. 

I have one and ridden a friends extensively. I'd invest in proper protection (levers, case guards) and go ride!  In time, a larger tank if needed and suspension mods make sense.  Performance wise, they do just fine with stock exhuast and adjusted jetting on the stock carb.  A pumper is nice but stock isn't bad. 

I've ridden on the stock seat to Denver and San Francisco and back before.  Even did an Iron Butt on the stocker.  Ymmv, some people upgrade to Seat Concepts.  

Feel free to post up with any questions in the Equipment forum. The DR is a great bike for backcountry SD trails

Great bike! 

Speaking from experience I'd highly recommend case armor and the upgraded oil filter cover if you don't already have it. 

Some big pegs help move the bike around. Lots of DR riders/former owners here and people are here to help!

Thank you I and I really appreciate the advice. I have been able to ride it 4 times so far and it is great. I appreciate the community here and on other forums. I would really like to ride a noob ride from SDAR when things clear up. 

• Like 1