KTMrad

County Parks Closures and Updates

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update

The County Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) is committed to supporting staff and customers through the challenging COVID-19 pandemic situation by taking precautionary measures to reduce large numbers of customers and staff gathering in confined spaces.

As such, we have made the decision to temporarily close the following park facilities: 

• Front Desk Services at DPR Headquarters (phone lines open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, 858-565-3600)
  • Campgrounds at Agua Caliente, Dos Picos, Guajome, Lake Morena, Potrero, Sweetwater Summit, Vallecito, William Heise County Parks (those already on site may stay through the end of their reservation)
  • Off-Leash Dog Areas at Borrego Springs, Lamar and Live Oak County Parks
  • Bike Skills Course at Sweetwater Regional Park
  • Skate Parks at Lindo Lake and Jess Martin County Parks  
  • All outdoor fitness stations and play structures
  • All large reservable spaces within parks, to include pavilions, gazebos and group picnic areas

The following remain closed and/or canceled:

• Community Centers in Fallbrook, Lakeside and Spring Valley
  • Teen Centers in Lakeside and Spring Valley
  • Spring Valley Gymnasium
  • Rancho Guajome Adobe and the Ranch House at Los Peñasquitos
  • Temple Beth Israel at Heritage Park
  • Nature Centers at Goodan Ranch, San Elijo and Santa Ysabel
  • Privately booked events + leagues, classes and ranger-led programs through March

Parks offer sunlight, solace and a break from social isolation. For this reason, gates will remain open at all other County parks and preserves – but we strongly urge all park guests to keep their hands clean, avoid touching their faces and to maintain a safe social distance of six feet.

Visit sdparks.org to locate a destination near you – there are more than 100 locales with nearly 370 miles of trails in our park portfolio.

We will continue to work behind the scenes to maintain your outdoor spaces, sanitize restrooms, remove trash, patrol trails, enforce park policies, answer calls, care for animal ambassadors and complete key projects. Safety is a priority, and we’ve taken action to reduce risk in parks while providing critical and essential services to our customers. 

ABDSP Home Page March 19, 2020

Update as of March 17, 2020

TEMPORARY CLOSURES -- California State Parks temporarily closed all campgrounds in the state park system to support state and local efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). Camping reservation holders will be contacted via email for refunds.

As of today, non-campground outdoor areas of parks, including trails and beaches, remain open. Visitors are reminded to practice social distancing and maintain at least six feet between other visitors and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. Restrooms also remain open, and visitors are advised to take soap for hand washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizers when water is not available.

I think "they" can do whatever they are in the mood for at the moment and let the courts sort it out in July.

I'm not suggesting law enforcement is abusive.  Just that people are uptight right now, and LEO's are people.  I was ticketed a few days ago for talking while driving.  the phone was in my lap on speaker as I was in my car that doesn't connect to the phone.  Talking with an elderly relative I'd spent days trying to check on. Officer flat out stated I had a clean record.  I was the only moving car in several blocks downtown.  In my opinion it was a poor judgment call on the officers part.  But I'll pay it without grumbling too much.  My point is . . . I'd guess you could be camped in BFE and get ticketed right now based on the mood of the officer.

With all of the distractions that our current (COVID) situation provides, any "possible" distraction in/on a motor vehicle must be eliminated. Borrego has seen two serious car vs motorcycle "collisions" (not accidents) this last week; both were distracted drivers that could not clear/hold proper lane control or lane clearance prior to entering traffic. We have a lot on our minds that detract from the task at hand...operating a motor vehicle in a safe manner. My three cents.

SCM

4 minutes ago, ADV Bum said:

I hope the accidents did not involve anyone we know.

At the S22 and the Fonts Point wash  entry John Ravera riding his DS bike T-Boned an illegal u-turn vehicle. Was medevac’d from BS airport