Bagstr

Totally Following Guidelines - 10 or fewer in group

Edit April 6, 2020

Obviously Health Recommendations have evolved - I my opinion we need to think about First Responders and Medical personnel that we might put an additional burden on. Since 50% of the infected population are not displaying symptoms, we have no idea who is spreading what.

No, I am not riding or driving out to the Desert

“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves,” Mr. Trump told the governors during the conference call, a recording of which was shared with The New York Times.

Yes, We are on our own. I will be riding in groups of 10 or less; at a 10ft distance.  

😎

• Like 1

Definitely a smart, smart man. The smartest. 

Speaking of respirators, I have a compressor but don't know what to set the regulator at.

Hmmmmmm

On 3/16/2020 at 4:39 PM, Bagstr said:

“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves,” Mr. Trump told the governors during the conference call, a recording of which was shared with The New York Times.

Yes, We are on our own. I will be riding in groups of 10 or less; at a 10ft distance.  

😎

I was in New Zealand a week ago when there leader said "Stay at Home"

In NZ English language that means "stay at home"

After getting back to CA I am confused as to the meaning of "Stay at home" as all my riding buddies are calling me to go riding. All my neighbors are going about there business pretty much as usual.

It's no wonder we ended up with this fearless leader!

51 minutes ago, Kiwi Wayne said:

I was in New Zealand a week ago when there leader said "Stay at Home"

In NZ English language that means "stay at home"

After getting back to CA I am confused as to the meaning of "Stay at home" as all my riding buddies are calling me to go riding. All my neighbors are going about there business pretty much as usual.

It's no wonder we ended up with this fearless leader!

I don't mean this in a critical way . . . but I think it's about a thousand times less likely for me to infect any of my riding buddies, then it is for someone to travel from NZ to here with all the cabs, planes, restrooms, restaurants and staggering amount of touch points they would encounter on the trip.  But that's just my opinion.  I think if a few people can't go for a ride together and not figure out how to stay at least 10 feet from each other then you may have picked the wrong friends to ride with right now.

Disclaimer: this does not mean I condone disregarding the current 'stay at home' status.  I am just happy that our government has used some restraint from going full Marshall Law on us so far. (although they are starting to write tickets).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

I don't mean this in a critical way . . . but I think it's about a thousand times less likely for me to infect any of my riding buddies, then it is for someone to travel from NZ to here with all the cabs, planes, restrooms, restaurants and staggering amount of touch points they would encounter on the trip.  But that's just my opinion.  I think if a few people can't go for a ride together and not figure out how to stay at least 10 feet from each other then you may have picked the wrong friends to ride with right now.

Disclaimer: this does not mean I condone disregarding the current 'stay at home' status.  I am just happy that our government has used some restraint from going full Marshall Law on us so far. (although they are starting to write tickets).

1 hour ago, mctrails said:

So, stay at home means go riding?  I don't get it???

The way I look at is that we have a much larger chance to be exposed to getting the virus by going to the supermarket or pumping gasoline than we do getting out into the middle of nowhere by ourselves.  If we ride with other people, as long as we all arrive in separate vehicles, we have little chance of having to come in contact with anything anybody else has touched out there, so I would feel much safer while out riding....or fishing, than I would having to buy groceries...or pumping gas.  Some people claim that it is selfish of me to want to go riding, thus putting myself at risk of being injured and taking  up hospital space that will be needed for pandemic patients.  To this I say:  I never want to get injured and have to take up hospital space at any time what so ever, and in my history of dirt and street riding, I have only been in the hospital 3 times, and only one of those times did i have too stay longer than a visit to the emergency room.  That's all I have to say about that.

• Like 1

I was still riding around my neighborhood just a few days ago. Just easy putting around and I’d swing by a couple of friends houses and we would just cruise around. Always keeping our distance from one another. Just a nice way to break up the day. My wife would always grill me when I got back making sure we kept our distance. Not sure if I will resume after the rain. 

Covered in Distance

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bagstr said:

First Post Edited

Nice edit.

I was well aware that you posted 3 weeks ago in very different times. Probably should have pointed that out?

Look forward to more riding and socializing at a later time. The sooner the better.

8 hours ago, dirt dame said:

The way I look at is that we have a much larger chance to be exposed to getting the virus by going to the supermarket or pumping gasoline than we do getting out into the middle of nowhere by ourselves.  If we ride with other people, as long as we all arrive in separate vehicles, we have little chance of having to come in contact with anything anybody else has touched out there, so I would feel much safer while out riding....or fishing, than I would having to buy groceries...or pumping gas.  Some people claim that it is selfish of me to want to go riding, thus putting myself at risk of being injured and taking  up hospital space that will be needed for pandemic patients.  To this I say:  I never want to get injured and have to take up hospital space at any time what so ever, and in my history of dirt and street riding, I have only been in the hospital 3 times, and only one of those times did i have too stay longer than a visit to the emergency room.  That's all I have to say about that.

going riding means pumping gasoline! unless you have an electric bike and truck?

1 hour ago, Kiwi Wayne said:

going riding means pumping gasoline! unless you have an electric bike and truck?

That's what disinfectant wipes and disposable nitryl gloves are for.  I already use them at the gas station now.  Besides, I don't know about your bike, but mine has a range of nearly 130 miles.

It's quite a bit different here in Yavapai County. Something like 40 cases county wide. 1 hospital bed out of 300 occupied by a Covid patient. The hospital and emergency room in Cottonwood is unusually empty. I gotta run, I hear there is toilet paper down at the grocery store.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, amgems said:

I gotta run, I hear there is toilet paper down at the grocery store.

I know....right?  Time to put on our masks and go intermingle with strangers.😐

17545157_1274901885879734_27431375209479

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just stay safe while out there riding; the last place you want to test your immunity skills is a hospital right now :bye:

The homebound Mule

USFS closed the 3 small trails by me and while it sucks i get it. Not in the mood to go to the desert either. I have washed my bike 3x, cleaned 4 air filters, chain, sprokets, new ECU, new Handlebars, risers, HB position, Lever angle change, grips, seat, tank bag(s). pegs, oil change, cleaned my gear, changed camera mounts on my helmet. edited ride video's etc etc. I am flippin bored for sure.

Stay safe everyone

Sucks to be "trapped" at home, but I do think we need to be aware that the consequences of our actions-should something happen-do impact others (and potentially a lot of others).

Happy Easter everyone; stay safe and healthy!

Thanks for posting this up.  I forwarded the article to my daughter in Dolores.  Her significant is devoted to SAR.

Indeed, it is a bummer to know the Dez is out there Waiting. Even at my age it is hard to think of others first. When we get back to it, the experience will be that much more rewarding as we remember how fragile each day.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was seriously thinking about going out for a solo ride.  It was posts like this one that convinced me to stay home.  Riding with the fear of getting hurt front and center in your mind only seems to make it more likely something  bad is going to happen.  It's scary enough going to work everyday and interacting with customers, and worrying about bringing something home to my wife.  Going to the hospital is bad enough in normal times, but it would really suck now.  And tougher on your family knowing you would have to be there alone.  I'm staying home when not at work until this is over. Thanks for the skiing article.  It really drives the message home.  

Again IMO this is a personal decision each must make. That said there's been some internet banter suggesting that if you decide to ride just stay below the radar. No need to post pictures and such. 

reach.JPG

• Like 2