KTMrad

Helping Others During This Madness

While it's always good to be thoughtful, now is especially a good time to offer help to family, friends, neighbors, especially the elderly. Since the elderly are most susceptible,  they might not want to go to the stores...so offering your help might just really help someone. A friend's post prompted me to call a couple of our friends at the apartment complex where we used to live...one said if I am out and can find some toilet paper, to please pick some up for her. I know that will be a challenge, but at some point they have to restock the shelves.
Help out when you can, it goes a long way. Together we can all get through this difficult time.

• Like 1

Spot on.  The people who hoarded (for unknown and imaginary reasons) created a real problem by their actions,and thus, forgot about the people who didn't want to participate in this madness.  So those people, especially those who are low income, limited transportation and the elderly on fixed income have nothing to buy when they go to the store.  The first wave was the TP, water and hand sanitizer.  The second wave was the food.  I hope it will subside soon.🙄

Yes! We have a few older people that we are purchasing grocery items for. The California guidelines are now (3/15/20) recommending that people that are 65 years old and above should shelter in place, so this will create a new sense of community to aide people that usually are very self sufficient. Find a need and fill it. 

It does not take much to empty the Toilet paper, Kleenex paper shelves since the packages are larger than a can Tuna or a box of Noodles. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

It does not take much to empty the Toilet paper, Kleenex paper shelves since the packages are larger than a can Tuna or a box of Noodles. 

Well, all the noodles and canned tuna are gone also, along with milk, bread, eggs and most of the meats.

2 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Well, all the noodles and canned tuna are gone also, along with milk, bread, eggs and most of the meats.

I will check that out later today. Our fridge is empty to.

Costco was letting in 75 at a time,595446F7-9606-44C6-AACA-5A37220C8D54.thumb.jpeg.f14c814f700891fee156b363c83eec21.jpegI was number 76!9F98E9E8-269C-4F6F-B5C4-71B0642305B3.thumb.jpeg.ab8ab58db373d2deac5d2ce9797edf2a.jpegI asked a 94 year old friend what he needed, I was to late🥴361434F9-D2C9-40FF-B9A7-D520CE2D10AC.thumb.jpeg.e17b0b63767737ef07fa709c3a6041ff.jpegThen, she walks by, I jokingly ask to buy the cereal for $10, she laughed. I tell her about Don and she insisted I take it for him.

NICE👍👍 51398F54-24C3-4A0C-8FBE-D9E97D3BB63F.thumb.jpeg.7cca74403842569941c4422949eb5b17.jpeg

People helping people-that's what it is all about.  Perhaps this will make us a little more compassionate for our fellow man, even if only for a little while (and then it seems we always go back to our selfish ways 😡). 

Stay safe and healthy everyone 🤒😷🤭🍻🍻

• Like 1

Delivering TP to an elderly friend/neighbor who has nobody and no car...and she's always happy to see Doc.

20200321_125754.jpg

20200321_125752.jpg