Ptkatoomer

Absolutely epic conditions at McCain today

Met up with Courtney and his friend Chad at McCain. It was raining in San Diego but as you can see, patchy clouds and blue skies were the order of the day, no rain. I think because it was raining in the city , most people thought it would be pouring out here so it was not crowded at all. We laid lots of virgin tracks on a bunch of trail. Standing water was everywhere, zero dust, cool temps - couldn't ask for better. 

Got to try out my new set-up with a Rekluse clutch, nitro mousse inserts and Irc ve33 gummy rear. I put the plushy soft mousse in the rear, and with this tire I'm not sure this is the best way to go. Any speeds above 25mph and it got pretty squirmy, but the traction on the wet slick rocks was amazing!

All in all a great day.

20200314_115655.jpg

• Like 2

Rad, we were out there today got a good lap in perfect conditions until my left foot hit a stump now got three blank and blue toes and can't walk.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

Rad, we were out there today got a good lap in perfect conditions until my left foot hit a stump now got three blank and blue toes and can't walk.

Bummer, heal up fast..

yes it was brilliant. we had an all Husky conga line, FX450, TE300i, FE501,FE501,TE300i and TX300--- LR, MotoFred, Andy, Dax, John and Robertaccio -- LR ripped a great loop 

15 minutes ago, robertaccio said:

yes it was brilliant. we had an all Husky conga line, FX450, TE300i, FE501,FE501,TE300i and TX300--- LR, MotoFred, Andy, Dax, John and Robertaccio -- LR ripped a great loop 

Nice yeah oran came back from your guys warm up lap and was all: umm I'm gonna ride with you guys (me and Blake)Those old guys are wild and fast

• Like 1

Good to know about ve33s and softie mousse have brand new ve33s in garage and was gonna out on 300, remove tubliss and go rear soft mousse might keep tubliss or go to standard mousse. Today had 450xcf setup for next week's 5 day Baja trip gear with rear golden 333 and standard mousse. Definitely not a gummy was a little slippery but is a longevity setup gotta switch mentality when riding compared to 300

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robertaccio said:

So LR's off of Sherco now?

2 minutes ago, Ptkatoomer said:

Screenshot_20200314-194106.png

11 hours ago, Ptkatoomer said:

Ya never know what LR will show up on.  When I first met him, he was still riding Kawasaki's.  Next up, he rode the Italian Husqvarnas, then he rode Betas for a while.  Two years ago, he was on one of his old Kawasakis.  I guess I missed his Sherco phase.

He still has the Sherco 300SEF , he mentioned a while back he can sell if offer is good or he will keep it for the Tecate type stuff. The Sherco is a brilliant single track weapon and super refined enduro moto, if you want to go carving trails fast that 300cc 4T Sherco is great (super low energy rideability). The Sherco to me is the further refined grandchild of the Italian Husky X-Lite series of 250/310 models, smallish refined very neutral chassis, very good equipment in brakes suspension and clutch, SUPER easy to ride. This was only the second time he rode the FX450 once in dez once at McCain. Last 2x out he was on Sherco 300SEF. And yes if I was flush with loose cash I would buy that Sherco SEF . But I think a White KTM TPI 300 is on my menu. The bike is all sorted out in my mind already, pure and simple.

PS dirt was so good.....those guys all had big moto knobs at least 3 on fresh tires, I was on a fat 140/80-18 Michelin Enduro Medium with 1/2 worn eco knobs and I still had no issue with traction.

Looks very new to be broken down.  That little bit of camouflage on the handlebars is funny.

• Like 1

reletively new TPI TE250/300, thats odd to see if its not a user induced issue.