ADV Bum

Flash Flooding in Ocotillo Wells

That's crazy always seen the aftermath but always wanted to see it in person flowing like that

that's why they are called washes.

remember those storms could be miles away up in the mountains and under the sun those washes can turn into deep water rapids in seconds.

• Like 1

Does anyone know of anything cool ever being uncovered after something like this?  I think of how many lost wallets and keys (and recently we had a lost (and then found!) phone here) I have seen or heard about over the years.  Just seems like there could be a good story or three out there.

in my 35 years of riding out there, I've seen San Felipe Wash flow as few times and person and many times on video. But, I've never seen it flow that much water...ever. You could actually kayak that and have a good time...

Wow crazy definitely Diablo drop off now, I bet they will grade it with a tractor soon

We saw fresh road work further down S-2 last week in the Dos Cabesas area.

Almost 20 years ago I was moto-biking in the Utah desert on a beautiful sunny day to come around a corner seeing a river of trees and brush and mud and water and dirt and rocks flowing across the desert floor.  Because it rained a hundred miles away in the La Sal mountains the day before.  One of the weirdest things I've ever seen.  Strangely terrifying to witness.  Made me want to turn around and get the hell outa there.  Which I did with much gusto.