Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

Small battery for kick start bike

I’m helping my buddy get his DR350 back together.  This bike is kick start only, but originally came with a fair sized battery.  Years ago it was changed out for a Baja Designs NiCad battery pack which is dead.

What is the hot ticket for the bike these days?  I suggested capacitor but he has a digital dash that comes in with the key so he likes the battery.  
The original battery box is gone, so it has to be something smallish.  

Lithium Ion has been in the spot light. I know there was a thread on here a while back about one of our members not being satisfied with it. But, it sounds like a good candidate for this application. Small, light weight and I believe many can be mounted in any position. 

I put a Lithium Ion battery on my TW200 about a month ago. So far no issues and it seems to work just fine.

Is your buddy looking to try to add electric start? I don't know if that is even an option on the DR350, not familiar enough with that bike.

I have not had good luck with lithium but it does seem to be the way to go.

DR350s came with E start after 94 but you basically need to swap engines so adding it isn’t practical.  

ive had great luck with lithium shorai if u want the best but pretty pricey lately been using the antigravity brand