ADV Bum

7th Annual Toys for Tots Event - This year with ADV/ DS Bikes

The organizers of this event have ask me to start spreading the word.

I am proud to say that the organizers of the " 7th Annual Toys for Tots Ride  " at Del Mar Racetrack have asked SDAR to be a part of the event this year in an effort to broaden their reach and make this event bigger and better. 

One big change this year will be the addition of another ride location. As well as the El Cajon ride to the Del Mar Racetrack, we are adding a North County ride as well. This gives much more coverage over the county and giving many more riders a chance to take part in the event.  The details of the event are being worked out. I will add the exact details as they are confirmed.  I am sure you will be seeing this around town and with much frequency in the future. 

We may need some volunteers. If you are so inclined to donate your time, please let me know.                                                 

If you think you know of a business that might want to donate, please let me know.

Please pass this along to everyone so this will be the biggest turnout they have ever had.

https://o6rider.wixsite.com/elcajonhogtoys4tots

• Like 3

Mike, this is great...an opportunity to help kids, a great event and the motorcycling community !

7th Annual Toys for Tots event at Del Mar  Sunday Nov 22 between 10:00 - 3:00 pm

We are looking to beat last years Donations.  We do understand that this year is different due to the Covid procedure's. This year will be a drive in and drop off.  We will be having several organized rides to the event if you wish to join,  or you are welcome to come in smaller groups at your own pace.  If you wish are coming in your own groups, please contact me as we need to know what groups to expect and timing as the drop off area at Del Mar will need to run smoothly.  All individual riders are welcome as well if you wish to come by and donate. 

The organized ride locations will start at two locations. 

In the South County it will be 

El Cajon Harley-Davidson

621 El Cajon Blvd, El Cajon, CA 92020

In the North County it will be

RideNow Powersports SoCal

1725 Hacienda Dr STE C, Vista, CA 92081

To Donate:  This is the first year that Adv/ Dualsport bikes have been included in this event and we have been challenged to beat the donations from the Jeep and Harley groups. You can make donations in several ways. If you wish to make monetary Donations by personal or cashiers check directly to Toys for Tots you can. Please mention you are sending from the Adv/ Dualsport group in support of the El Cajon HOG Toys for Tots event.  Personal checks have the additional benefit of enabling the donor to receive the necessary charitable donation receipt from the TFT Foundation

To Donate before the event-

All checks should me made out to "Toys for Tots Foundation

To send direct please send to 

4th Medical Battalion
Attn: 2020 Toys for Tots
9955 Pomerado Road
San Diego, CA  92131  
You can also send the checks to me and it will be presented at the event to Toys for Tots event 

San Diego Adventure Riders
    725 Clark Ave
    Encinitas CA. 92024

If you wish to Donate toys prior to the event, I can accept them and deliver them the day of the event.  Please contact  MIKE  Advbum@gmail.com and we can arrange pick up.

Volunteers:  We need volunteers.  We need 20 volunteers to help set up, direct vehicles, collect donations, take down, at the event. Volunteers will be split up in shifts. Please contact me by message or email Advbum@gmail.com to volunteer. 

Hi All, we are hoping that some SDAR folks will help support this annual event which benefits kids.

Toys for Tots contacted Mike and he offered to help out, the first time they have contacted the dualsport/Adventure bike community. 

Is there anyone out there that would like to volunteer and at least donate some toys and/or dollars to help out ?

It would be greatly appreciated, for a great cause....thanks.

Please read Mike's posts above.

Hello Fellow ADV/ Dualsport riders,

I was contacted by the organizers of the San Diego Toys for Tots event to help them raise their support and donations for the event. They have expanded from the Harley club to Car, Jeep, Offroad and the ADV/ Dualsport community.   The jeep club has stepped up with almost 8,000 dollars do far. So far we the ADV/ DS community has had minimal traction for both support and donations for this event.  This is disappointing. 

I committed that we as a community would be good partners in supporting this event.  To get the ball rolling and help keep that commitment I am challenging sponsors, vendors, and  ADV/ DS riders as a group to pile on to my family's donation of $1000. Our goal should be to meet or exceed what other clubs are doing. PLEASE help with support and donations that all goes to the kids.

Thank you

• Like 1

Is there another we at to donate to the sdar fund for tots for tots besides check?

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

Is there another we at to donate to the sdar fund for tots for tots besides check?

You can donate as a volunteer, you can donate toys and or you can donate using personal/ cashiers check.  You can pm me if this does not work and we can discuss any other options I am not relaying.  Thank you

Sounds good thanks, meant other payment options will send check this weekend

1 hour ago, Bp619 said:

Sounds good thanks, meant other payment options will send check this weekend

Thank you

BUMPING THIS!

WE still need volunteers, riders, and donations.

I was asked to lead a the ride from "Ride Now" in Vista to the Del Mar track for the motorcycles that will be gathering there.  Group ride to the track to drop off their donations to Toys for Tots. I cannot as I will be dropping off and setting up at the Track. Randy cannot because of his eye surgery.  We may need someone to do this as well. 

We have not had many donations from the ADV/ DS community. PLEASE DONATE TO A GOOD CAUSE AND HELP OUT THE KIDS!

RideNow Powersports SoCal

1725 Hacienda Dr STE C, Vista, CA 92081

To Donate:  This is the first year that Adv/ Dualsport bikes have been included in this event and we have been challenged to beat the donations from the Jeep and Harley groups. You can make donations in several ways. If you wish to make monetary Donations by personal or cashiers check directly to Toys for Tots you can. Please mention you are sending from the Adv/ Dualsport group in support of the El Cajon HOG Toys for Tots event.  Personal checks have the additional benefit of enabling the donor to receive the necessary charitable donation receipt from the TFT Foundation

To Donate before the event-

All checks should me made out to "Toys for Tots Foundation

To send direct please send to 

4th Medical Battalion
Attn: 2020 Toys for Tots
9955 Pomerado Road
San Diego, CA  92131  
You can also send the checks to me and it will be presented at the event to Toys for Tots event 

San Diego Adventure Riders
    725 Clark Ave
    Encinitas CA. 92024

If you wish to Donate toys prior to the event, I can accept them and deliver them the day of the event.  Please contact  MIKE  Advbum@gmail.com and we can arrange pick up.

Volunteers:  We need volunteers.  We need 20 volunteers to help set up, direct vehicles, collect donations, take down, at the event. Volunteers will be split up in shifts. Please contact me by message or email Advbum@gmail.com to volunteer. 

Here is a list of things still needed looking to be donated for event. Adv/ DS groups are still way behind on donations and riders. Please let me know if you are planning on riding in. We are trying to stagger large groups. 

This is a list that can be dispersed to the groups and I will be doing a public ask in a few days for anything not accounted for. 
All items needed on-site for set up shift by 8am with the exception of pizza, photog, etc.

I may be adding items to the list as we get closer - and let me know if I'm missing something you think the volunteers would find helpful
Thanks!

Any donations for items or volunteers looking to help can contact me directly at
1advbum@gmail.com
760 814 4297

I'll be amending and updating the list for both donated goods and volunteer spreadsheet as fast as possible.

5 Pop Ups  (Adv Mike committed to 2 of 5)
3 large coolers with ice - Adv Mike 1
 tables - Adv Mike
Chairs - Adv Mike

Caution style roll tape any color
Cash Box
envelopes
pens, sharpie
calculators
rubber bands
Note paper

Fat blue painters tape
10 white foam core poster boards NOT Floppy paper ones- 99 cent store)
extra fat black markers

Photographer
drone operator
videography
Someone willing to cut a short video post event

50 pieces of fruit (bananas apples orange etc)
3 dozen donuts
8 cases of cosco water bottle
3 cases mixed soda
Case of Gatorade

Large Coffee caraff donated from a local Starbucks
Or multiple Starbucks Joe to goes
Volunteer to pick up above items.

60 assorted granola or protein snack bars (Costco sale )

5 Costco pizzas
dedicated volunteer to pick up and deliver

OR - Any $ donations to cover above and we can do the shopping.

Potential- 400 plastic bags for give away (large enough to hold 8x10 flyer) See below

VOLUNTEER SHIFTS as Follows
8- 11 am
5 more needed

9a- 3pm
20 needed

2p-  5 pm
10 needed

>>>Do you or someone you know provide goods or services they would like to give us a coupon / discount flyer for ?
Looking for 400 count from any restaurants or businesses that wants their special offer to be put in our goodies bag.
I already have a local burger diner giving me discount or free drink coupons !

Lots of folks looking to do something after they drop off toys - Let's see if we can give them great options to support local San Diego County businesses!

THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO HAVE DONATED!

Mike, I will be committing to volunteer at the event, I just gotta figure out what time.

Well done fellas, although I am not able to volunteer in person, or plan to ride in big groups for delivery, I will be happy to drop off a check to KTMrad or ADV Bum this week (or mail) on behalf of SDAR for Toys for Tots (I will also toss in for the volunteer efforts and needs).  I have personally seen the joy and excitement in the eyes of the children who may not have much when they get a treat from events like this. Thanks for your efforts, it truly is appreciated..... your efforts do not go unnoticed!! 

• Like 1

I'm going to be traveling, otherwise I would be there to help.  Have donated in the past to this organization, but haven't ever joined the ride because I am not a fan of huge rides like that. 

If you're going to be around, please take a few hours and lend a hand.  SDAR has brought all of us together, we can give back a bit! 

On 11/6/2020 at 3:29 PM, ADV Bum said:

You can donate as a volunteer, you can donate toys and or you can donate using personal/ cashiers check.  You can pm me if this does not work and we can discuss any other options I am not relaying.  Thank you

Sent you a donation check this morning.

Thank you to those that are coming forward with donations.  All donations and help are greatly appreciated.  We are getting close and the adv/ds response has still not had the impact we thought it would.  Still time to get your donations in.  I do not like to push, but it is a great cause and I need to keep this in on the radar.

I have gotten a few checks and you guys / gals are awesome!

Thanks again

Mike

Mike, I'll be volunteering Sunday morning and will make a donation in person...see you there !

Thanks for putting this together. 

On 11/16/2020 at 7:04 AM, MacDuncan said:

Well done fellas, although I am not able to volunteer in person, or plan to ride in big groups for delivery, I will be happy to drop off a check to KTMrad or ADV Bum this week (or mail) on behalf of SDAR for Toys for Tots (I will also toss in for the volunteer efforts and needs).  I have personally seen the joy and excitement in the eyes of the children who may not have much when they get a treat from events like this. Thanks for your efforts, it truly is appreciated..... your efforts do not go unnoticed!! 

Hey Mac, if you haven't already sent in a donation,  feel free to pop by my house.

24 minutes ago, MacDuncan said:

Got it, will do.  Thanks. 

Just let me know what time...let's have a beer...or, just drop it in the mailbox by front door. 

I would also like to get a check to you Randy for TFT. Can you PM me address or phone and I will get there.

Thanks to MacDuncan and Huntndogs for your generous donations  !