Sign in to follow this  
Ptkatoomer

The ultimate 500Exc Adventure bike?

Yeah, that's Round the World Paul, he's gone round the world more than once...this time he wants to do as much off road as possible...I'm envious.

He's very knowledgeable...I would've chosen a different bike though...he's going to be changing oil a lot !  But then again, he may be sponsored by KTM...he's got a lot of sponsors.

He's talked about pushing the oil change intervals out a bit beyond factory recommended.  He knows what he's doing.  As he's been at this for 7 years now IIRC.  Rode 2 up on a super Ten around Europe, did a lot of south America with Egle` on a pair or DR650's.  Probably the most experienced world traveler I know of /have read of.  

His success is due in no small part to his ability to take magazine quality photo's and is an exceptional writer. As is evident now by his continual publication in many various online bike mags.

Search RTWPaul on ADV for some fantastic world travel reading.

yup pretty cool build and i think tastefully done could have been alot more stuff added but kept it pretty simply,fuel range is pretty low though i think

I hope all is balanced in the suspension dept. that's a lot of weight aft and high of cg.