Sign in to follow this  
Mr.JAJA

Montana 610T

19 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

http://www.gmaptool.eu/en/content/usa-pacific-osm-topo-routable 

Thanks Randy. I have Pacific and Mountain, and 1-9 file. all a 7-zip files. than I try to extract and got a error message.

all 1.JPG

Unzip error1.JPG

You need to use a 7z extractor and not the generic Zip file extractor. You can download one here: https://www.7-zip.org/

Then extract the folder using 7z to a destination folder of your choosing. Once extracted the folder should look like this:

image.png.1a170b8f98fa46f12c314e2024f82226.png

Double click on "install_US Mountain_OSM_Topo.bat" (or Pacific if that's the one your loading). It will open a CMD window and prompt you to press any key to continue. After you press the key the window will close and the install batch file will run. Give it about a minute and then open Basecamp. The map should appear in the list of maps. From there you can use Mapinstall to put the map on the Montana.

Just not what i need. I found the file, and there are 7-zip extracted. If I try to open the "Install" file, this pops up.

Download error.JPG

I just see that your file is 2 KB and my is 0 KB.  ???? i will try it one more time to unzip a fresh file.

Here we go, I removed all the old files and started fresh. Now I have files with some contend. When installing it, where does it goes? I see the black screen and push any key. the black screen disappears, but I dont know where the file is installed. I can Se the US Pacific and Mountain in Base cap now.  Only the Montana is not connecting to the PC anymore. WTF.

Annotation 2020-04-24 195644.png

The map gets installed in the Garmin map folder. You can see it in Basecamp now so all is good there. Installing the map should have no effect on USB connectivity. Not sure what's going on there. Did you try rebooting the PC? Also are you using the same cable you've been using? I've had issues with some usb cables not working so maybe try another cable?

The Gamin turns on when I connect to the PC. No Bing bing sound, than it shows ,saving way points and so, shows the USB sign short and turns dark after this. So it get some input. need to check back later after we fix a bike here from a friend today.

Wow, what a hard birth on this MONTANA baby. Looks like it has the maps loaded and I will give the navigation skill a try tomorrow. Thank you Randy for hanging in there with me.

I am Back to square 1. Montana will stay back home on this trip till i find a reliable way to work with it. Under Maps, the USA Pacific OSM topo is not there anymore. I tried to reinstall with no successes. I will use my In Reach with the Phone only. I hope to figure this out one day.

Hasn’t failed me yet, got where I was going and got home.  

372F934D-487B-43F6-9ED0-7B27AAC41297.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tntmo said:

Hasn’t failed me yet, got where I was going and got home.  

372F934D-487B-43F6-9ED0-7B27AAC41297.jpeg

Exact what I will do. If it works, dont fix it.

• Like 1