Sign in to follow this  
simicrintz

Quad for Mrs simicrintz

Since I have been working on my old 185S three wheeler, now Mrs simicrintz wants it :(    I tried to teach her to ride (had a CRF 150 for her) a while back and she lacks confidence and I was afraid she would get hurt.  I don't honestly feel much better putting her on 3 wheels, so I am now considering a four wheeler for her.  I am not in any kind of hurry, but if a good deal comes along and you guys hear about it (and don't want it!) I would appreciate hearing about it also.  I'll hit CL and see what they may have but I trust you guys more!  I'm thinking something in the 400 CC range just to be safe.

Thank you!!

I have a Suzuki LTR450 that I’m working on now, not sure if it’s the type of quad y’all are interested in but it should be ready in a week or two.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for, Tom!  I've always been a red guy (never owned a Suzuki anything!) so I will have to Google what the heck that is!

Keep me posted (PM me or simicrintz@yahoo.com); thank you!

I’d suggest a 300EX, good basic machine.  400EX is also great, but I think the 300 is semi-automatic like the old ATC....might be wrong about that.  400EX is basically the XR400R engine with electric start.

Just go with a RZR and get it over with !

• Like 1

Planning on that too, Kug!  There is so much open riding in Utah and the options are endless; some days 2 wheels will be the ticket, some days me bouncing along on the 185S and Mama on a quad, some days ripping around on a RZR, some days exploring in the Jeep and some days taking the boat to the lake :)    I have 50 years of work (so far) that has not let me ride nearly as much as I'd like, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

Three wheeler are dangers, I had one in Germany (Honda 185) street legal and almost got killed on it.

Remember I had this STREET legal. And with the direct drive, no Suspension, going on Asphalt and going as fast as it where going. 

Edited by Mr.JAJA
Dangers

2 hours ago, Mr.JAJA said:

Three wheeler are dangers, I had one in Germany (Honda 185) street legal and almost got killed on it.

Sounds like you’re dangerous!  😂

A man who I respect very much often asks "but did it kill you?".  Many hours-and one broken collar bone-on three wheelers with so much enjoyment.  I'll be careful and respectful, but the motorcycle lifestyle that we have chosen has its risks, as we all know and accept :) 

Ride on, my brothers!

13 hours ago, tntmo said:

I’d suggest a 300EX, good basic machine.  400EX is also great, but I think the 300 is semi-automatic like the old ATC....might be wrong about that.  400EX is basically the XR400R engine with electric start.

My wife had a TRX300EX and a TRX400EX. My advice is go with the 400EX. It's a much more comfortable ride, better suspension, etc and plenty of power but very controllable. She was much happier with the 400 than the 300. Also like all the Honda air cooled motors it's bulletproof. 

Thank you, Tom and Randy, for the 400EX input; that sounds like exactly what should do the trick!  I have always hated quads (I equate them to jet skis-everyone thinks they can ride them and then they are just dangerous people on machines they really cannot control) so I am very uneducated about them.  Since I know that the three wheelers took a bit of skill to stay relatively safe on, I really do not want to put her on one of them.  She has ridden a quad at her Dad's place up in Montana and she seemed to like it, and I just see it as a now and then putt-putt ride.  I like that she is good with getting dirty and doing something that I enjoy, but I gotta keep her safe!

• Like 1

A good friend of mine has a 400ex for sale. Shoot me a pm if you want to be connected.

15 hours ago, simicrintz said:

Planning on that too, Kug!  There is so much open riding in Utah and the options are endless; some days 2 wheels will be the ticket, some days me bouncing along on the 185S and Mama on a quad, some days ripping around on a RZR, some days exploring in the Jeep and some days taking the boat to the lake :)    I have 50 years of work (so far) that has not let me ride nearly as much as I'd like, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

Kug's right...…..Once your wife rides in the RZR you might as well list the quad for sale......a bike and a RZR...….skip the quad......