Sign in to follow this  
Mikey777

Wolfman Beta Plus On Sale

Was checking the Wolfman site and saw this.  The beta plus rear bag is on sale for $124.99 which is probably a close out.  I had bag envy when CID used this on the Utah BDR.  Packs a lot easier than the Giant Loop Coyote bag and is the roughly the same volume (45 liters v. 40 l).

https://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/tail-bags/products/beta-plus-rear-bag

That's a great deal. Thanks for sharing. If I didn't just buy that new pannier system for my 500 I'd jump on these.

I do like it but you have to be careful. I burned a hole in one of the sides that hang down and my sleeping bag also got burned. I have been changing setups on my luggage on almost every ride but think I’ve finally found what works best for me. You’ll see it next month.

CiD

Thanks for the info Mikey, I forwarded the info to my buds who still use bungees to hold down misc. duffel bags....... that we often stop and pickup on the trail a few times on the long rides  :)   or get too close to Hot Mufflers!

It has been over a year since Kugs Mystery ride to Patton's cabin, almost to the cabin. I have camped off my bike a few times since, but off the V-strom, which is a different story than off the exc. 

Well CID, your cryptic message may have multiple meanings.... like if you mean that you have a better setup on an orange bike that you have packed many times before...  or a bike of a different color with new bags.  Hmm, I haven't heard of anyone riding anything new on the market yet?!?    But I can't wait to see some...  Where are those 790's and Tenere's  loaded up ??? 

or-------

a little excursion is coming up. 

With good weather, good job scenarios, good family issues.....etc...  I hope to ride some of the CABDR around March 11, or April 14 (but mid April can be on the doorstop of too hot in some years) maybe teakettle and racetrack, and make a loop from Panamint (any further north may be snow) Or, some KOFA and some Picacho.... if I should look for guys like Mikey, Oracle and others flying by me like I am standing still, let me know where the camp might be so I can wander in a couple hours after you have established camp - haha. 

I am so OVERDUE to go bike camping! Thanks for the bags info Mikey. 

With this bag, you have to be careful where you position it on the bike due to its "legs" that hang down on either side.  As long as you have a heat shield on your exhaust and strap it down forward of the exhaust tip, you should be good. 

I was actually thinking about making an extra heat shield from some flashing and duct taping it onto the bottom of the leg just to be on the safe side.