SoCalMule

Amazon Prime Adventure Ride Series

I posted on Brian Tome’s site that I wouldn’t invite him on any of our rides. I think he was an ass for most of what he did.

CiD

• Like 1

Sounds like that garbage movie I got tricked into watching, "A Story Worth Living".  Hard pass from me, fool me once and all that.....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Covered in Dust said:

I posted on Brian Tome’s site that I wouldn’t invite him on any of our rides. I think he was an ass for most of what he did.

CiD

Yep! I started watching right after I posted this...I'm having a hell of a time getting through the first episode. "It's like herding cats"

I might check it out, but I will also be prepared to quickly abort.

A long way around and A long way down were entertaining to watch.

I know this is a motorcycle form, but I like Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May, in Top Gear and the Grand Tour. They had a scooter adventure in Vietnam back when they were on Top Gear.

I watched the entire series in one day last week when I was laid up with a sore knee. I thought it was entertaining...in a very weird train wreck type of way...:heh:

• Like 1

Well Jeeze guys . . . now I guess I gotta give this a few minutes and see if it entertains me. 

I enjoy most moto flicks about all types of genres.  Except that one a couple years ago . . . what was it called?... the one of the coom-bye-yah guys in CO doing a week long camp and ride movie, talking about their wounded inner child's around the campfire . .. . thank goodness I successfully blocked that one from my memory.  It was one of only two movies I've ever walked out on in my life.

16 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Well Jeeze guys . . . now I guess I gotta give this a few minutes and see if it entertains me. 

I enjoy most moto flicks about all types of genres.  Except that one a couple years ago . . . what was it called?... the one of the coom-bye-yah guys in CO doing a week long camp and ride movie, talking about their wounded inner child's around the campfire . .. . thank goodness I successfully blocked that one from my memory.  It was one of only two movies I've ever walked out on in my life.

That’s the one I referenced, A Story Worth Living.  I also got suckered into that one.  Makes me laugh thinking of it, so guess I got that going for me....

I watched it and have to agree with CID.  He took people, some with no more experience than riding a freakin' scooter, on some trails that require a higher skill level.  It was a pretty severe endangerment in my opinion.  Some were so unskilled that they could not safely ride on the road. One crashed on the road in a group ride scenario due to pure lack of skill and ended up in the hospital. This guy, as a pastor, thinks way to highly of himself.  I don't like people like that.

• Like 1

I was asked in a private message on this forum what my issues were with the series. Here is my response.

Well there were a few things. 1st putting people in a position to get hurt. Then when a couple of his group couldn’t make it to the top of Ophir pass he just sat at the top while they struggled. They were very close to the top and I would have ridden their bikes through the short difficult section for them. I’ve ridden that section twice and it’s hard but not that long. The real pisser for me was at the end when one of the riders broke with the group to ride back with an injured rider. He tried to rejoin the group the next day and Brian wouldn’t let him. Total douchebag move in my book. There were things he did or says in almost ever segment that just aren’t right. On any multi day ride I’ve ever been on with a group we never leave anyone behind!

These were just some of the things I didn’t agree with. 

CiD

• Like 1

Yes a train wreck, but could not stop watching for some reason.

I have not watched the episodes.  From what you folks are saying it does not sound good. I think our club does really well with "no man left behind".  We dont (intentionally) take newb's through something they cant handle. If there is a problem we will get whomever through whatever issue may come up.  I am seeing people on other sites complaining about newb's.  We all started somewhere and we need new people to keep the DS adventures alive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ADV Bum said:

I have not watched the episodes.  From what you folks are saying it does not sound good. I think our club does really well with "no man left behind".  We dont (intentionally) take newb's through something they cant handle. If there is a problem we will get whomever through whatever issue many come up.  I am seeing people on other sites complaining about newb's.  We all started somewhere and we need new people to keep the DS adventures alive. 

Amen. I started riding with you guys on Bike Slut rides coming back from not riding for years. 
No one left behind was taught to me. 

Ive had the chance to lead many a ride since then and we’ve never lost anyone (yet). Put a few in ambulances then got there bike and truck back to them. Towed in some broken bikes. Watched guys fixing flats. Taken lots of pics of guys laying under their bike before picking it up for them. Ect. Ect.

Made some great friends in the process. 
SDAR people rock. 

• Like 1

Reality TV -  Drama and Conflict by the script.  Playing on the worst of human nature.

👮‍♂️

Ugh.  Just finished the series. I couldn't not watch because I couldn't really believe the ignorance .  .  . 

What was the purpose of his show? That is what I want to know.  To make money (possible succeed)? Spread the experience and joy of motorcycling (fail), to spread faith (fail) or to satisfy this guy's ego (succeed)?